Sign in to follow this  
Guest pcrowley

Birdseye View

Guest pcrowley

Since The owner of Birdseye View is no longer around the FS community, and I was the webmaster for the site, I went a head and I am now hosting the site on my side. I wanted to keep it alive. I am working on getting the forums back up and running as well. Here is the new addresshttp://clfwsf.com/birdseye/

Was sorry to see the old site disappear. Hope all is well with Stephen.Glad to see that you're keeping the name active. A full FSX version of BEV would have been something special.

Guest ThrottleUp

BEV was the very first enhancement I ever bought and I still enjoy it a lot! Good to see you keeping it going :)

Guest pcrowley

Thanks, I wish I was able to renew the domain name but it is locked and I am unable to get it renewed. Thanks again to all that enjoyed it and still use it.

Really gone? So the developer who created that nice product has since vanished?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest pcrowley

Yes he has vanished. I came on board with Vol 1 and been with him all the way, then just gone. I wish we were able to continue with vol 6 and make it work with fsx, but I really do not see that happening.

Really, I had no idea. I bought all volumes and they are still my base texture sets.best of luck & health to those who were involved.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest bluesman666

HiI bought the summer edition.The configurator say that FS2004 not installed. Have you any idea what's wrong ?Also, I unzipped the file into FS2004, and did nothing else. Does that means it's installed ? Things do look a lot better.Thanks for any adviceDave

Thanks for picking up the torch on BEV - it's still my texture upgrade of choice, although it's a shame that they never finished the European version that was in the works.John G.

John G.

Guest pcrowley

if the installer didn't find your flight sim, then your registry is not correct. I highly recommen reading the users manual on how to configure birdseye.

Guest bluesman666

HiI've uninstalled and reinstalled, but no difference. Actually there's no difference between default and BEV.Using the installer, I'm just selecting C/Prog/Ms9, and installing it straight there. Should I be installing direct into addon scenery, or somewhere.Also, and idea what could be wrong with my registry keys ?Thanks

Guest pcrowley

head over here http://www.tweakfs.com/news/free_files.htmFSX Registry Utility download that and run it.After that is done, reinstall birdseye. After that is down, launch birdseye. Like I said please read the manual, it tells you how to configure the software. You will notice a big difference. Each volume of birdseye deals with a different season of FS9. So make sure you are flying in the season that you have of Birdseye.

Guest bluesman666

Hi again,I've read the manual, and it doesn't seem to give any idea about where to install BEV from the installer. As I said, I'm just installing it into /Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9.Should I be installing it somewhere else ?I'm not a complete novice, having ibstalled loads of add ons inclScenery and Aircraft, but this has me stumped. How do I know if it is installed, as so far I haven't noticed any difference.ThanksDave

Guest pcrowley

Ok all of you FSX fans and who wanted Birdseye for FSX. I have a treat for you. Please visit the site and click on NEWS. Please read it first and then proceed if you wish. You have been warned, I will not troubleshoot your problems.You must Own Birdseye View in order for this to work.