Sign in to follow this  
Guest fourthtime

complicated active camera question

Guest fourthtime

Hi everyone, I just downloaded active camera for fs 2004 and I love it. I am a spotter mostly so it's a great program for that. I mostly use the traffic tracking function so it follows the plane. I was wondering if there is a way to expand the view or increase the time. I am able to see the plane flying by but at a certain point the following stops. I would like to see more of the flight for example approach and landing. I have tried setting up my camera in different areas to see if that helped but it didn't. The instructions are very nice but it doesn't go into what I would like to have. I haven't bought the program yet because if I can't make it work then it's not worth it. I hope I explained this correctly because it's not easy. I would welcome any help because I know this is a popular program and alot of people have it, but I just discoverd it. I have also looked at the setup and settings part but there are things that I never even heard of so that isn't helping my cause either. Also, if anyone knows of another program that can do this then that would be great too. Thank You

You really should try the FREE utility from Microsoft named Traffic Toolbox.It can be downloaded from:http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2...x_sdk_setup.exeInstall it anywhere (does not have to be in FS2004) and then copy the Traffictoolbox.dll and place it in your modules folder.Take the time to at least browse the documentation.You will now have a new option on the menu bar at the top of your FS screen - named Tools. By selecting this and then Traffic Toolbox, you will be able to set AI preferences while flying. Using the Explorer function you can see what AI traffic is active in the area (approx 128 nautical miles).Clicking on any specific aircraft will take you to a spot view of the aircraft (then you can adjust your view using your hat switch or keys) and can watch it taxi out and take off or watch incoming traffic all the way to the gate. Those are just a the few things you can do.I use it all the time and feel it is a "must have" utility.Hope this helps.

Guest fourthtime

Yeah, I have that too but with the active camera I can basically sit on the side of the runway and watch the planes land, sort of like a fly by view. You should also check out traffic view board which is amazing if you like spotting. You can follow a plane from any point to the other. I am interested in seeing how the walk and follow program might help me do this. I will probably end up buying both programs anyway. Thanks

Hi,try Matthias Neusinger's fsrecorder (recorder_1-32.zip) here in the library. With it, you can basically set up different cameras wherever you want. I have one external (tower) camera installed close to the EDDF rwy 25L and another near 7R. You could set up three or four tower cameras along a runway like this. At different heights and so on... You can also save the settings separately for every airport, if you want. Regards,Jure

Guest fourthtime

Hi, Thank you, I looked at that program and it seems very nice and a little complicated. Is recording what I am doing with active camera as well?, the reason I ask is because I don't want to have a zillion files somewhere because everytime I spotted at an airport I generated a file. I didn't think active camera did this and if it does well that puts the breaks on the whole thing. I don't have an interest in replaying the videos or flying myself. I just like watching the screen from my couch and automatically see the next planes on approach and not having to hit any record or next buttons. I can do that with active camera but not sure if I can do that with other programs. I think I will just buy the darn thing and be at peace. Thanks again everyone. You have saved me from another "crisis".

Yeah, I have that too but with the active camera I can basically sit on the side of the runway and watch the planes land, sort of like a fly by view. You should also check out traffic view board which is amazing if you like spotting. You can follow a plane from any point to the other. I am interested in seeing how the walk and follow program might help me do this. I will probably end up buying both programs anyway. Thanks
Dears,I'm trying to do a "spotting video" at Faro airort LPFR but I don't knowhaw I can do to have a "spotter view". could you help me please ?Thanks so much in advance