Sign in to follow this  
Old Bill

Beats Me How?

Recently after years of flying the Beech 350, I decided to move up to a Corprate Jet. My selection was the Honda Jet from FSjets.com. As with any new Aircraft it takes time to get used to the feel and response of the controls. While not ready to give up and return to an Aircraft I was comfortable with and could fly with confidence, I have run into a roadblock. I'm damned if I can figure out how to change the frequencies in the radio stack. This should be elemental, a simple + or - on the keyboard. My first an only experience was in trying to set the ILS frequecy for Runway 14 at Nassau Intl.(MYNN). Being a Lazy Pilot, I usually fly the Beam to about 500 feet from the touchdown area and take it from there. Not being able to tune the ILS makes this Fun Flying to much like work. Whats the Trick to this enigma of the radio stack on the Honda Jet?Lazy Bill :-hmmm :-cool :-bang

Bump! Anybody? I also get an overspeed alarm at 325 knots. Specs say cruise at 420 knots at 41,000 feet. Bill :-hang

420 knots is going to be in TAS (true airspeed). IAS especially at that altitude will be significantly lower.

Bill,I also like the Hondajet model. But I have no idea how to change the radio stack on the Honda panel that came with it. I installed a new one immediately once I tried that one. One thing you could do is install the cockpit commander and tune directly with that. Filename is cpitcmdr.zip in the library here. Once you use this thing, you will love it. I have it on every one of my panels. Many thanks to Glenn Copeland for this fine piece of work!I have reworked my Honda panel to employ the FSAvidyne displays and it's working OK except I have no engine instruments. Just toying with it while waiting for Flight 1 to post the update to work with turboprops. Here's 2 pics: first of my Avidyne panel. Not realistic as they don't really have one but it works OK. The second is a freeware panel converted that I will give you if you want and is fully functional. Anyway, I can help you put in a decent panel. Just email me at geoff2121@netzero.com and we'll chat...dolph

Clarification:for Alex, alarm at 325 knots at sealevel or 41,000. makes no difference.for Dolph, I should have said change frequencies not the radio stack. Oops,looking back, this is what I did say.Bill

Yessir, I knew what you meant. Changing frequencies should be like any radio stack, you need to press a key then - and +. And the cockpit commander gauge makes it simple to change freqs.I was just suggesting replacing the whole panel, not the stack. No insult is intended to the author of the original panel whatsoever, by the way. I think the panel is OK I just like custom panels with more goodies. So here's the radio commands. Hopefully you can see the digits because there is no direct entry mode besides using the gauge mentioned above on any stack I know of.ADF Indent On/Off Ctrl + 5ADF Select ACOM Radio Select C then 1 or 2DME 1 Indent On/Off Ctrl + 3DME 2 Indent On/Off Ctrl + 4DME Select F then 1 or 2NAV Radio Select N then 1 or 2OBS indicator Select V then 1 or 2Standby Freq - Switch to on Selected Radio XTransponder Select TVOR 1 Indent On/Off Ctrl + 1VOR 2 Indent On/Off Ctrl + 2Selection increase/decrease + or -Increase/decrease tenths Shift + or -

Dolph: Thanks for the reminder on the keyboard Radio Commands. I had almost forgotton about them. I have found you can change the frequency in the 3D panel with the +/- keys. The 2D panel remains an Enigma.Bill