Sign in to follow this  
BadKarmaPT

I HATE *.dll files!

Ever flight I start in FS9 lately doesn't have an happy ending!I'm getting constant CTD's at different times into the flight.Using Windows XP "Event Viewer" I was able to detect what files are involved in the problem. So far I've had three CTD's caused by the panels.dll file, one by fe.dll, one by g2d.dll and the last one was caused by sim1.dll file.Can all these files be corrupt? Can they really be what causes the CTD?Any suggestions welcome. :-)Regards,

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

fe.dll: Are you using the FS 9.1 update?d2d.dll: Disable video caching and/or shadowing in your bios. What are your video card specs - update your drivers.sim1.dll: One of your 3rd party AI aircraft is probably causing this.HTH,Mike T.

Thank you for your input.Yes, I'm using the 9.1 update. All files are 9.1.0.40901 version.I have a Sapphire HD3870 X2 1Gb video card and I'm running the latest Catalyst drivers (8.5).If the sim1.dll crash is caused by an AI aircraft it is going to be hard to find which one. I use a lot of PAI and WOAI packs. :-(Any thoughts regarding the panels.dll crash?Regards,

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

It looks like your FS install is pretty flubbed up to say the least! :-)I am running the HD3870 X2 also in Crossfire-X (two Sapphire HD3870's :-) ) and I have not even a hiccup with the same Catalyst drivers as you so I think that the problem lies with your addon's in FS.Are you using the updated sim1.dll which reduces the ground friction, if so that may be the problem in conjunction with certain PAI packs.In other words, you have so many .dll crashes that it is no doubt your 3rd party addons that are causing them and way too many happening all at once to troubleshoot.Mike T.

Panels.dll, are you using AFX by any chance? Great program, but frequent panels.dll crash when closing FS9.

Mike...

Unfortunately I think you're right.Somewhere along the way some addon must have flubbed my FS install. :-(That's what happens when you install a third party addon and don't have time to do a test flight before installing another.I have yet to test the new Catalyst 8.5 drivers. I was having a problem with 8.4 that I hope is fixed now. I had great framerate with clear skies but clouds caused a severe impact. I have my framerate locked at 29 and with overcast skies I couldn't get it over 15 or so. Even my "old" X1950 XTX performed better!Other simmers reported similar symptoms with the HD3870 X2. I hope it was a driver issue.I am indeed using the updated sim1.dll. But I've used it for a long time, long before I started having these CTDs. Strangely enough I can't find a backup of the original file anywhere.I'll keep testing and try to find the culprit.Thank you again for your help. I appreciate it. :-)Regards,

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

I'm sorry but I don't know what AFX is so I'm probably not using it. Thank you for your input though.Regards,

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT