Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Ever do something really really stupid?

I recently purchased the Dreamfleet Dakota for FSX (More than highly recommended).Thanks to the Dakota, the light finally came on for the Dreamfleet Baron 58 RXP in FS9 (Again, more than highly recommended).I never realized and took advantage of all of the wonderful capabilities of the Garmin GPS in the Baron until I decided to dive in deeply with the Dakota. WHAT AN OMMISION ON MY PART! Makes me wonder what else I have overlooked. The learning experience never ends.Both of these contributions raise GA panels to the next level.Next step, to really examine the RXP/Garmin contributions on their own with the intention of a purchase for many other birds.Lou, I apologize for my ignorance and will always be a bit more attentive to what you work on so hard for my enjoyment. (Sure hope the Baron makes it into FSX).For anyone who is interested in really, "as real as it gets", examine these contributions carefully>Respectfully:RTH

Well said!One of my all time favorites and also one of the key reasons FS9 will hang in there for some time to come on my computer. I think the DF727 is the benchmark for that era of aircraft in FS9 (Now, if it could just make it into FSX).In a thread on the flightsim forum, I have had a dialogue with Dave trying to give an objective answer to a question he asked relative to comparing the CS727 and the DF727 (if that is possible). Possibly you might give him a reply for an evaluation better than I. I don't think I convinced him.Happy flying and thanks for the reply:RTH

No contest.CS727 was my first payware addon for FS2002. The DF bird clobbers it.Not to mention the DF bird has the RXP Radar included.The A36 is my favorite GA plane. It's the Cadillac of the FS9 G/A aircraft.

Awwwwww!!!!There you go, making me get the plastic out again."The A36 is my favorite GA plane. It's the Cadillac of the FS9 G/A aircraft."Coming from Dreamfleet, I don't doubt your statement one bit. Unfortunately, I have a soft spot im my heart real world for the "V Tail" going back about 50 years and have used the Carenado model for that reason for quite a while. However, the reminder of your statement concerning what Dreamfleet has to offer may make me rethink that choice and add one of my favorite bird's offspring. Thanks for the reply and I am off to the Dreamfleet site (again).RTH

Amen to that! Have you tried the Eaglesoft Cirrus? I can program an FMC and prepare a 747 for takeoff in under a minute, but I sat there in front of that full Garmin stack like a deer in the headlights! I'm actually READING the manual :-lolSo much to do and learn, so little time!Regards,Mike T.