Sign in to follow this  
Opa

AirForce One B-747 for AI?

Has anyone run across a repaint for a B-747 of Air Force One (the President's aircraft)? I believe that is the current aircraft which is being used.I had an old one for FS2000 or FS2002 but a search for anything like that for FS2004 came up up empty. I am specifically seeking an AI version.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For the AIA B747-200 Model in the Avsim library -> aia_747_200_air_force_one.zipHope this helps,Geoff

Thanks - I don't know how I missed finding that one.Fot the repaint OK but am not having any luck finding the base files which are required.747-200F GE As the docs say.........The base 747-200F GE packages must be downloaded seperately to use these paints.Any suggestions? They do not appear on the old site - it is still up but is mostly a history of AI-AARDVARK.Edit added:Never mind - finally found it at Flightsim.comaia742ge.zip

>Thanks - I don't know how I missed finding that one.>>Fot the repaint OK but am not having any luck finding the base>files which are required.>>747-200F GE >>As the docs say.........>The base 747-200F GE packages must be downloaded seperately to>use these paints.>>Any suggestions? They do not appear on the old site - it is>still up but is mostly a history of AI-AARDVARK.>http://www.ai-aardvark.com/aiaircraft/repa...00/747_200.html

Yep, as noted in a previous post, I found it earlier - must be getting blind in my old age.

Guest LeeWang

Hi DavidHere's tip for searching the AVSIM LIB.Question? Have you heard of "awk" or "gawk"?I use gawk to search the LIB, and as a side note, it creates my weather in FS9 too....Lee

I have absolutely no idea what you are saying.

Guest H_Kev55

Check the Avsim library for MAIW's 89th Airlift Wing.You'll find AF1 along with other transports used by POTUS and his staff.KJ

Guest LeeWang

Well part of the problem with AVSIM's library "search" function, is the fact it's "case" sensitive (Unix based). Unless you know what you're looking for, it can be very difficult to search for a specific file. Most of the time, I suspect ppl head to flightsim.com, because their search function is not case sensitive, and makes it much easier to locate a file.However,, I find the best way to search AVSIM's Lib is to download the AVSIM's dump file (text format (libdump-text.zip)). I then use a program called Gawk (awk) http://www.gnu.org/software/gawk/gawk.html to search this text file. Gawk is free, and is very powerful, for manipulating text files, and just by luck,, FS9 is based on "text" files, including XML, but that's a whole other story.Now you might say to yourself, "I'll just use the search function in notepad" to search a "text" base document. Well good luck with that, using the "libdump-text.zip" file (its to big). With just a few clicks of the mouse, you can search the whole Library of AVSIM, and best of all, it's not case sensitive.As an example, using the "libdump-text.zip" file here at AVSIM, you're looking for an Air Force 1 repaint. Here's how I use gawk to search for that:Using Gawk, I search the "libdump-text.zip" file, producing a file called "output.txt" or whatever you want to call it. In this example, because I don't really know what I'm searching for, I use gawk to "print" or output every line that contains the word "force" (because I'm looking for an "Air Force One" repaint). If I use the word "force" and search the AVSIM Lib, it returns 4233 hits (meaning, I'll spend hours looking through all 4233 hits, and will most likely give up searching) Here is the result of that search using gawk:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188962.zipgawk has now "printed" only lines containing the word "force", which has now reduced the text file to the point, where you can either use notepad to do another search, or use gawk to a more "fine" search. In this example, with the output.txt file which gawk created, just open it up with notepad, and now search on "747" and I'm sure you'll find the file you need.Expanding a bit further, I use gawk to manipulate AFCAD files, all XML files, and mostly, I write my own weather files for FS9. (well I don't write it gawk does :) )Lee

Thanks for clarifying Lee - I will give it a look see.

I could never explain why it's so hard for me to find anything here. Has anyone suggested to AVSIM that they just ask Google for permission to use their engine for searches - like they do over at that "other place". ;-)