Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

Go-Arounds?

Guest flightsimmernick

Just thought I would ask to see - Does anybody know of a way to stop FS ATC instructing aircraft to go-around?

It does so if there is conflicting traffic about to land or traffic which is still on the runway etc.The only way I know to avoid this would be to turn off all AI traffic.You can always ignore the ATC directive to go around, but then they get rather angry with you.

Guest pbn

You can't completely avoid it, but it can be improved. Hi quality "afcads", sometimes with approach code, will help to get the flow up. Flight dynamics of the AI planes is another issue which can influence it alot. If in doubt, use only dedicated AI planes for traffic and make sure they are up to date..Another thing is use the program called AISmooth, it will try to "delay vector" the AI planes and even out the spacing. It's availible here in the file library, just search for aismooth...CheersPeter

Using AI smooth and the AI taxi speed hack by Ken Salters FS9 configurator my AI issues are few and far between..

Guest flightsimmernick

Thanks for your replies, I do already have alot of the programs mentioned - just wanted to see if it was possible to turn off the command for go around but as I thought not possible. Always found that AI Seperation works better for me than AI Smooth - the aircraft that enter a holding pattern never seem to be released.Going to tweek my AFCAD some more as most of my go aropunds are caused by small margains that FS cant establish between (for example aircraft half vacated but FS tells approaching aircraft to go around. Find this so annoying but I know ive got my setup nearly as good as it gets.Also another very annoying stunt is that sometimes aircraft which have been cleared to land get seperated back (even though they are within a AI seperation no move zone)and aircraft that are moved in the queue before it then are instucted to go around even if the runway is clear! This really frustrates me but dont know if there is anything I can do about this. Thanks again!

Aismooth does help but it is not the ultimate cure, I dont think there is one unless as said above turning off all AI, but then that's no fun to fly in an empty sky.I usually let them give me one go around, on the second try if they say go around again i just land anyway.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I ran into a similar scenario this morning. Two aircraft riding ILS 18R into MCO 0.1 miles apart. They were about 2.3 miles infront of me.I knew after I got the "cleared to land" these guys were going to be an issue, so, like others here suggested, I just turned off all AI until after I landed.For me turning off AI is almost a line on the pre-landing checklist. :(HTH,Jim

Guest martin842

An alternative solution to the problem Jim describes, i.e. where you can see that you (the user) are about to be told to go around, is to press Y to go into slew mode. Your own aircraft will halt in mid-air, but the AI will continue their flights. Let the AI ahead of you clear the runway, and then press Y again to return to normal mode.Martin

A word of Caution if using Ken's Taxi speed changer / Landing speed changer (or any other available utility which changes the default values which are stored in the modules file named AI_PLAYR.DLL) .........If you use AI Helicopters or AI Ultralites, a change to the aforementioned default values will cause the AI Heli's and Ultralites to miss their final turn before landing and they will finally land miles from the destination.Thought everyone should be aware.

Hahahaha, that's a good one, just press y, I never thought of something as simple as this. Always learning something with this hobby.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest M1DG Jaxan

I'll usually advance my clock forward or backward by 1 minute and all AI traffic on approach will be gone.

Or use FSUIPC traffic Zapper option. OR use ASV6 "refresh AI".

Guest flightsimmernick

David, I have a similar (not identical though) but think it is a cause of AI Seperator not anything else). My AI aicraft sometimes touch down before the airport (sometimes upto 6-10 miles from it and the continue to "hurtle" along the ground until they reach the airfield. I have put this down to an operational issue with AI Seperator. For example a landing aircraft established at 7 miles might be moved back to 20 miles and now it is much lower for the approach. If it continues to decend at its previous decent rate then it will land miles before the airfield. I only have jetliners as AI traffic at the moment. Just wondering if this sounds right to you?Lots of useful pointers in the posts above and I really like the slew mode option. Think I have tried this before but will remember for future approach conflicts!

> Or use FSUIPC traffic Zapper option.I assume that's only available in the payware version?

Mike...