Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

Go-Arounds?

Why not use the tools that come with FS9.Place the Traffic.dll from the FS9_sdk_TrafficToolBox into the FS9 Module folder. This adds a dropdown menu to FS9 called Tools. Select Traffic Toolbox then Explorer. Right click on any AI plane and select delete from FS9. This is only a temp delete and has nothing to do with Flightplans.

>David, >>I have a similar (not identical though) but think it is a>cause of AI Seperator not anything else). My AI aicraft>sometimes touch down before the airport (sometimes upto 6-10>miles from it and the continue to "hurtle" along the ground>until they reach the airfield. I have put this down to an>operational issue with AI Seperator. For example a landing>aircraft established at 7 miles might be moved back to 20>miles and now it is much lower for the approach. If it>continues to decend at its previous decent rate then it will>land miles before the airfield. >>I only have jetliners as AI traffic at the moment. Just>wondering if this sounds right to you?>>Lots of useful pointers in the posts above and I really like>the slew mode option. Think I have tried this before but will>remember for future approach conflicts! >I have seen that "action" on several occasions and do not believe it is due to having one of the separation programs running - as when I observed it, I was not using either.It seemed to be happening only with specific aircraft but I have not yet taken the time to try to determine exactly which ones.I suspect there is something in the aircraft.cfg or .air file for that particular model or models, which is not quite right. i.e. the aircraft is not picking up the correct glide slope or something like that. I am probably using incorrect terminology as I do not know how the AI engine works to determine where to land.I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can set up an AI on/off toggle hot key - perhaps in FSUIPC - but do not know how that might be done either.Perhaps someone will offer other suggestions.

I think it's a matter of convenience, but I suppose I could try it out to see if it doesn't interrupt the flow of things too much.

Mike...

Guest flightsimmernick

Interesting, I cant say that I have only observed one type of aircraft doing this for example at Heathrow I have seen various aircraft types doing this (737's, A320's, 747's, 340's)

If you have the registered version of FSUIPC you can set up a Hot Key to toggle AI traffic on and off.I just tried it amd it does work.In FSUIPC go to Key Presses.Enter the key you want to use - I selected tThen scroll down the list of available actions and select Traffic Density Set.The right hand pane will show the results of your selections.Hit OK and now when you want to kill AI traffic htting your t key will set taffic to 0. Hitting it again will restore it to whatever percentage you originally had selected.There is a slight pause while traffic is killed or restored but it may be a useful option.

My solution, if I don't feel like going on a missed approach due to AI, is to pause the sim, increase the sim rate to 8x (which will eliminate all AI traffic), put the sim rate back down to 1x (which will reload AI), and unpause the sim. Effectively resets the entire AI traffic system, and guaranteed to remove all AI from final approach and on the runway... :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE