Sign in to follow this  
Guest pbn

FSAvidyne, any experience with it?

Guest pbn

It might be me failing in forum searching, but I haven't found many post about this.I'm very tempted to buy the FSAvidyne package from Flight1. It looks really good to me. I'm using RXP gauges in most of the planes I use and I have come somewhat addicted to smooth and well working gauges, particulary primary and navigation instruments. I'm doing ok with retrofitting panels, since I have fitted RXP equipment in most of the planes I often fly, if they are suitable for it. Back on topic, I can see there is a flightsimmer dedicated package and a training package. I'm interested in opinions on both...CheersPeter

Hi Peter,Flight 1 has a support website for FSAvidyne. http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=36I have the FSAvidyne FS package and it works pretty well. I would like to have the training pkg but it is cost prohibitive. The FS package does NOT display the terrain on the MFD, not even water bodies. And it does not support jets nor turboprop aircraft. The training version will give you terrain features on the MFD but will still not support TPs.The gauges are smooth and colorful and real nice (except for the above mentioned issues). I would have bought the Garmin set except it does not support Vista, that version is still in Beta (has been for a year apparently). They want you to buy it to Beta test it so forget that.I installed the Integra system on the Beech Baron with pretty good results. I don't own any of the aircraft it is designed for but I make do with it. Flight 1 is nearing a release of an update for single turboprop aircraft. I already have a Pilatus PC-12 and a Piper Meridian in the wings waiting for this update. Too bad they won't support twin turbos. Ah, we always want, don't we?DolphDell XPS420, Q6600, 3GB, nVidia 8600 GTS, CHPro pedals, stick and throttle, Active sky, much more...

Guest pbn

Sound like I'll try with the FS package. I, too, find the student package a little to expensive, as I live in Europe, the shipping is quite expensive too. Though I would have loved the student package.It sounds great with the turbo prop package..one could always hope for a twin package later :-)Thanks for the explanationCheersPeter