Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Stopping the disappearing AI?

I know that AI's are programmed to disappear after sitting stationary for so long but is there any way to change or stop that or is it just encoded into their behavior? Sometimes at busy airports, traffic just takes a long time to move and it's not realistic for the plane in front of me to just disappear to speed up the process. I really don't mind waiting.

The default time is about 5 minutes and this value is stored in the file named AI_PLAYR.DLL.It resides in your modules folder.This program - aitp10.zip - found here in the library - allows you to increase the timeout length. http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchBe SURE to make a backup of your AI_PLAYR.DLL BEFORE using the Timeout Patcher program.It works fine for me. I have my timeout limit set to eight minutes.

hey that was easy! just run the .exe file and change to the # of minutes you want. Got mine now at 12.5 so they wont' disappear so fast. Thanks for the tip!

This program is apparently not for Vista. I used it and FS9 would not start, crashed on startup until I replaced the AI_PLAYR.DLL with the backed up original. Too bad, I would have liked to have the 12 minute timeout.Dolph

I ran it on Vista with no problems. As with all FS files under Vista make sure it is trun "as administrator".

Check your other post on the subject.The program does not change the file date(s).