Sign in to follow this  
rightseater

Help with upcoming purchase please (PMDG 747)

Greetings all,I am seriously considering picking up the PMDG 747 this morning, but before I do, perhaps someone here can help me with three questions. After all, it is a lot of money, at least for me.1) How do the frame rates compare to the LDS 767? I know all systems and setups are different, but given the fact that I maintain an average of 23 FPS with my LDS (locked at 25), what can I expect from the PMDG?2) Is the learning curve at least as steep as it was for the LDS? I really enjoyed the process of having to learn proper procedures for the 767....will I get the same from the 747?3) Is the overall quality (modeling, textures, functionality, etc) equal to or greater than the 767?thanks all,Jeremy

Hi!Someone may answer your questions in details, but let me be the first to give you short response.1. Framerates - on my system in the 2D cockpit they are almost identical as LVLD (cannot tell you about the VC since I don't use it)2. Learning curve - comparable if not higher than with LVLD. What is very nice here is a set of professional tutorial lessons teaching you everything from scratch. You can download them from PMDG site and check yourself.3. Overall quality - comparable, question of taste but nothing to complain about.Yes, the product is expensive but few people are disappointed with it.Money well spent if you enjoy hardcore simming.Best regards,Rafal

That's what I was looking for, thanks. I am a huge, make that HUGE fan of the LDS 767 and loved the process of getting it figured out. Looks like I get to start all over again with the 747.Thanks again,Jeremy