Sign in to follow this  
tunnelcat

FS9 reruns scenery setup after period of inactivity?

Just a quick question. I've got a second copy of FS9 on another computer and I hadn't run FS9 on it for about three months. All that this particular computer was used for was Windows Update and some Internet use, no other programs were installed or changed. When I fired up FS9 on it yesterday, the scenery setup ran at the beginning load screen, but then seemed fine on subsequent loadings and I had no problems. I've noticed that this invariably happens to FS9 following a long period of inactivity (I was using FS9 on another computer). Has anybody else noticed this behavior?Kim

Let me guess, the last time you ran that FS was before we all went to DST? ;-)This behavior is by design.

Mike...

Yep, that's it. Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought of that little quirk. Makes sense though. I guess you learn something new everyday. :-dohKim

Hi Kim.Mike is "spot on" with his reply.Funnily enough though this catches so many people out every year, both when the DST starts, and when it ends.Don't feel too put out about it, we all have at some point or another.

Hi Steve.I've finally got two stable setups of FS9, so when something you're not expecting happens, you tend to go "Oh @#%$, not again!" I'm so relieved to find out it was a normal occurrence. I just hadn't noticed it before with all my constant scenery tinkering. Now I'm at the point that I'd rather fly my aircraft than software hack. :-beerchug Kim