Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

AITP10.exe doesn't change AI timeout

Hi, I installed this and ran the .exe. It says it changed the timeout time for AI to disappear, but the file doesn't show to be modified since it's orig date of 12/2005. Did I forget something? Neither the AI_playr.dll in my module folder, nor the one in the output file are any different. I'm using FS9.1. Thanks

>Hi, I installed this and ran the .exe. It says it changed the>timeout time for AI to disappear, but the file doesn't show to>be modified since it's orig date of 12/2005. Did I forget>something? Neither the AI_playr.dll in my module folder, nor>the one in the output file are any different. I'm using>FS9.1. ThanksAh, my friend.... I believe you are jumping to conclusions.The Timeout Patcher does NOT change the original or modified date of AI_playr.dll. I am not exactly sure why, but I suspect the program just places a fresh copy of one the AI_playr.dlls it has withing the program.That it works is quite easy to verify.Install any "scenery" which has AI ships in it - such as my AI Ferries on Puget Sound.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...cen&DLID=115882You can watch a ferry taxi from a parking space to an invisible runway (the other dock) where it enters the timeout phase and then disappears.With the default AI_playr.dll, the ferries disappear after 5 minutes.Using the Timeout Patcher and changing the timeout period to ten minutes, they disappear after 10 minutes.Be sure you have selected a revised time period from the drop down menu which to the right of the narrow bar - not from anything in the larger box below it. (The drop down menu has 21 options if memory serves)I am not sure that any revisions you may have made to the Taxi and/or landing speed (also stored in AI_playr.dll) via Ken Salter's FS9Configurator are saved.You should check to be sure (after changing the timeout value) and edit them if necessary.All of this works for me using XP.If you are using Vista it should also work but I understand you have to run Vista as adminstrator and remove many if not all of the security "permissions".Edit added: The other thing I do not know, is if this will work if FS2004 is installed on a different drive other than C. I have a default installation on C and it works fine there.I hope this helps.