Sign in to follow this  
Guest LOWI

Tu-126 air to air refueling

Guest LOWI

Hi!I recently installed excellent Samdim's Tu-126 package. When i get close to the contact points for refuelling, there is no tanker in the air...Time and date (day of the week) are correct and according to the data in the documentationThe Myasischev 3M is available as AI-acft, Traffic_M3_tanker.bgl is in /scenery/world/scenery, Timecorrection TZ30.zip is installed..My interpretation of his list is thate.g.: Wednesday at UIIB at 10:05 UTC there should be a tanker ready for departure. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to check if it is working at all?Best regards,LOWI

I have no direct experience with this specific AI aircraft but with others there are some basic checks necessary if the aircraft does not appear (in FS9).The traffic file which you mention should consist of three basic files: An aircraftxxxx.txt file, an airportsxxxx.txt file and a flightplansxxxx.txt file.In the aircraftxxxx.txt file your aircraft should be specified as:AC#nnn (it's sequential number),it's cruising speed (as specified in it's aircraft.cfg file under Reference Speeds) and "it's title" (as specified in it's aircraft.cfg file. Don't forget the " "s.The title MUST be EXACTLY the same in the aircraftxxxx.txt as in it's aircraft.cfg titel line.After making any changes in any of these three .txt files don't forget to (re-)compile these files to your traffic_M3_tanker.bgl.Hope this helpsHans

Well, I downloaded the Tupolevs and only installed the AI tanker in my FS9 but according to the flight plans it only flies on certain days which could be the reason why you could not get it to show itself.However, because it was so difficult to find I deleted all the original flight plans etc. and made my own (via TTools), a single one constantly flying back and forth between a Dutch AFB and a British one at 26.000 feet, about an hour's flying time. At both AFBs I created a suitable parking position via AFCAD in order to accomodate the tanker (144 feet diameter). Then at the Dutch AFB, seated in a Tornado fighter aircraft equipted with a military radar, I changed the time of day until the Tanker started to taxi. At that precise moment I re-saved my flight.Now, when re-opening that saved flight I can leasurly start my engines while the tanker takes off. I let it get a suitable head start while keeping it on my radar (max 40 miles). Then I take off after it and via the radar make my approach until it becomes visible. It deploys it's fuel hose automatically at about 13.000 feet.Well, it all works fine now but it remains extremely difficult to "touch" the re-fueling nozzle. How those guys do it in real life remains a mystery. I will do some auto pilot tests to see if that works better.Anyway, It's very spectacular indeed. Thanks to the authors.Good luck.Hans

Guest LOWI

Hello Hans! Thanks for the detailed instruction how to check for the installation, I did a complete reinstall and now it works fine. I'm not so familiar with AI traffic, usually focusing on real life procedures and plans, but this aircraft deserves to leave the beaten paths..So far i managed to refuel only once, also working with AP and, on the last meters, manual flying. tot ziens,J

Hoi Jorg,Yes, I have now installed the TU-114 and it turned out to be a very well made total project, especially the panel and sounds. It certainly is something "off the beaten path" which makes it all the more interesting after about 7 years of extensive FS experience. The documentation is also exceptional.However, you do have to get used to the Russian captions on the panel and the metric speed/altitude instruments, especially when flying under standard FS9 ATC.I'm still practicing hooking up to the tanker's fuel hose but not with the TU-114 because it has no radar and has trouble catching up with the tanker because of it's relatively low speed.GroetenHans

Guest ha5mvo

Hans/JoergOnce you're at it...you can try the "project Tupolev" products, read: the Tu154M, B-2 or the IL-62M.Those are all upper echelon addons with good , comprehensive English documentation. Those addons are not for the faint hearted as they are highly complex but you'll rarely come across a similar level of simulation in ether pay- or freeware addons.

Guest LOWI

Hi! The Project-Tu aircrafts are definitely on my "to-do" list and the next downloads, but first at all i want to learn more about the Tu-114 and fly her on her standard routes in almost any weather... It's a too well done acft to be flown only on a few missions.So far i read only very positive reports and reviews about Project-TU. Let's hope that other freeware designers will learn a lesson out of it..Hans: I think the metric units are not that difficult, once you make yourself a small conversion table of FL to Meters and Knots to km/h and change your FS-settings to international /metric units.Bye, J