Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

I give up on correct Local Time

I'm not going to try to keep the correct Local Time on FS 2004 because it just does not work. The program FS Time does not even help. The last flight using it going from Chicago to Pittsburg, when I crossed over from SDT to EDT, my local time advanced one hour like it should have, BUT my GMT also advanced one hour and this is INCORRECT; GMT should NOT have advanced. Started a flight this morning from New York (KLGA) 0700 local and GMT was 1200, a 5 hour differance. AS New York is using EDT, there should have only been a 4 hour differance and FS2004 was incorrect from the start. Like someone said the other day, forget Local time and only use GMT, OK but my GPS Garman 530 ( I think) gives the ETA in LOCAL TIME, that's what started this whole mess for me.No, I was not wrong. Time zones in the Western Hemisphere are given a PLUS (+) designation so that the user will have to ADD time to their Local Time to obtain the correct GMT. Of course, as any 2nd grader knows, you can take that same GMT and SUBSTRACT the same number of hours to get your correct local time. This is the way that BOWDICH (Father of all Navigation) explains it and "he 'ant wrong." jerrycwo4

Guest LeeWang

>I'm not going to try to keep the correct Local Time on FS>2004 because it just does not work. The program FS Time does>not even help. Have you read the FS RealTime manual? Quote from the Quickstart section: "In FS Real Time, click Connect. FS Real Time is now connected to Flight Simulator. At this point, FS Real Time is only monitoring the time within Flight Simulator. It however will not make adjustments and corrections to the time.In FS Real Time, click "Start AutoUpdate". This is the button which actually starts the process of maintaining the correct time within Flight Simulator."I suspect you never clicked "Start Autoupdate". Sorry, you're WRONG, FS Realtime works, and I've been using it for years.>AS New York is using EDT, there should have only been a 4 hour >differance and FS2004 was incorrect from the start.I susepct the problem here, is not FS2004, but the Time Zone files that were installed with FS RealTime 1.87.6. My post about that found here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=42133&page=3So until the Time zone file thing gets fixed (From the author of FS Realtime), you have 3 options to fix this issue.1. Uninstall FSRealtime 1.87.6, then re-install version 1.87.6 and DO NOT install the TIME ZONE bgl's. Then download and install TimeZone 2.2/3.0 Update 8 by Dennis Thompson (File name tz22-tz30update8.zip).2. If you look at the history of FS Realtime found here: http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/history.asp you'll see that the World time zone bgls where changed in version 1.87. So, if you can find an eariler version of FS Realtime like 1.86, you can install that version, including the world time zone BGL's that come bundled with FSRealtime, and then replace the FSRealtime.exe with version 1.87.6 as I mentioned in this post here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=42133&page=33. Give up on correct Local Time :)>No, I was not wrong. Time zones in the Western Hemisphere are>given a PLUS (+) designation so that the user will have to ADD>time to their Local Time to obtain the correct GMT. Of course,>as any 2nd grader knows, you can take that same GMT and>SUBSTRACT the same number of hours to get your correct local>time. This is the way that BOWDICH (Father of all Navigation)>explains it and "he 'ant wrong." jerrycwo4BOWDICH was using a canoe when he he told you that story around the campfire :)New York is 4 hours BEHIND GMT or 4 hours LESS then GMT, which means (-4 GMT). "Is to WRONG" You best start writing to all the internet sites,,, because "them is all wrong" :-lol http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=179No more on this topic from me, it's a closed case. Checking my watch, I'm -5 GMT, and it's way past my bed time :)Lee

Guest RonB49

>... Windows lists EST as -5Except that DST changes that, as Jerry said. When the East Coast "springs forward," then they are GMT -4. R-

Another alternative is keep the timezone files with the latest fsrealtime and rename the USEAST.BGL file to USEAST.BGX in the timezones scenery directory. This will disable the BGL. I did this, and my eastern timezone is now OK.KyleFS box: Q6600 (@ 3.24 GHz), ASUS P5E3 Premium, 4 GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 (Cas 6-6-6-18-2T @ 1440 MHz), BFG 8800GTX 768, Soundblaster XFi Fatality, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Samsung Spinpoint F1 750 GB, Silverstone TJ09 case, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 PSU, Vista Ultimate 64http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Guest RonB49

>A minus is a minus no matter what the value after the sign.>>Jim>Ah, sorry Jim; I misinterpreted the point that you were making. My mistake. R-

>Another alternative is keep the timezone files with the>latest fsrealtime and rename the USEAST.BGL file to USEAST.BGX>in the timezones scenery directory. This will disable the>BGL. I did this, and my eastern timezone is now OK.>>Kyle>Almost did the same except in my install of timezone files Ver 3.51, the file was USAEAST_0.bgl. Replaced it with the Ver 3.0 file USAEAST.bgl and everything seems to work ok. (Not sure if it also affects Canada nor what will happen when we revert to EST under the new schedule.)Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

That's probably the right file. I wasn't at my system when I typed that message in and was going from memory. I suspect the problem arises from Indiana changing the way it handles tim, and the change in the BGL affects the entire eastern US timezone. Not sure about canada though.KyleFS box: Q6600 (@ 3.24 GHz), ASUS P5E3 Premium, 4 GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 (Cas 6-6-6-18-2T @ 1440 MHz), BFG 8800GTX 768, Soundblaster XFi Fatality, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Samsung Spinpoint F1 750 GB, Silverstone TJ09 case, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 PSU, Vista Ultimate 64http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

>>In FS Real Time, click "Start AutoUpdate". This is the button which actually starts the process of maintaining the correct time within Flight Simulator."THIS is where I saw AI refresh periodically!! I couldn't remember where while I was reading all this. Does this still occur when FS Real Time autoupdates?