Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mach7

Go flight MCP and Level D

Guest Mach7

Hello.Just wondering if anyone has the go flight MCP pro with 767 or 747 level D. I find that the MCP functions DO NOT duplicate that of the real aircraft on FS2004 aircraft, so I am looking at investing some coin on a level D simulation from Flight 1 software. Does anyone have this??? and if you do does it work sort-of like it should. ie: level change, vertical speed functions etc etc.

Guest RichUK

I use go-flight stuff with the Level-D 767 and it works just fine. You need to download an additional .dll or so. Go for it!Rich.

Guest Mach7

Thanks Rich.Tell me, will it hold a specified airspeed for climb...is that what the lvl change function is for? I hate to trouble you but I would greatly appreciate if you could give me some detail on all the functions, (using Level D). I can't even get the VS button to light up. In the real aircraft you can intiate a climb to altitude using a selected speed (IAS). (You should never climb at a VS because the aircraft will sacrifice airspeed for altitude)...does the level D allow you to use IAS for climb?

To answer your questions, yes. I use it with both the Level D FS9 and FSX versions without problems. Realize the GoFlight MCPPro is a Boeing 737-style panel so it is slightly different from the Boeing 767 panel. Some functions are in different locations and some functions on the panel are unique to the 737.LVLCHG on the MCPPro is the same as FLCH on the LevelD 767 MCP and would climb or descend using the selected IAS. VS works as you would expect.If you decide to purchase the Level D 767, there is a lot of info available re the MCPPro on the Level-D forum. (Unfortunately, you can't access the forum without purchasing the aircraft.)It also works with the PMDG 737 and 747 in FS9, but you have to buy a separate PMDG "driver" .dll. According to PMDG a similiar file for FSX is in the works.Never tried it with either FS9 default aircraft or any other addon.Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin