Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dibona

BEV Configurator not compatible with Vista

Guest Dibona

I have a compatibility problem between BirdsEyeView (USA/Canada spring) Vol5 and Vista Home Premium. The BEV software seems to run OK until I want to save a theme. After saving a theme it is impossible to launch the BEV Configurator again. The error message details are below:BEV Configurator has stopped working:Problem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: BEVConfigurator.exeApplication Version: 1.1.3.1Application Timestamp: 4416352eFault Module Name: BEVConfigurator.exeFault Module Version: 1.1.3.1Fault Module Timestamp: 4416352eException Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 00013761OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3Locale ID: 4105Additional Information 1: 2c27Additional Information 2: cbd223b34640401795fe7badee4fc20dAdditional Information 3: f6c9Additional Information 4: 6848282bf626195b3bd655f4df21e8d4The only way to have the BEV Configurator usable again is to delete the theme file saved in the cProgarm FilesBirdsEyeViewThemes folder.I tried all the suggestions of the thread www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=vista to solve the problem but to no avail. So now I'm stuck with a very promising but unusable piece of software. Is there a solution to this problem?Thanks in advance

Guest pcrowley

I do not know if it will work with vista, you can try and visit the new location for the site and download the patches and then give it a try. You might also need to run birdseye as admin, from desktop right click and then click run as admin and allow it to run.www.clfwsf.com/birdseye

Guest Dibona

Many thanks Holger and Paul Crowley. I am running 32 bit Vista. Unfortunately the thread for patches in the site www.clfwsf.com/birdseye brings me to a useless site about houses for sale, online dating, etc! So no patches available.I tried a lot of things to solve the BEV problem: run it as administrator, disable User Account Control in Vista, change folder ownership and permissions to allow writing to the Program Files folder and the BEV folder, disable virus scanner and firewall. I also installed FS2004 in a folder outside and inside (default) the c:Program Files folder. I did the the same with the BEV software.I think the only hope left is to have this mysterious patch that I cannot find on the web.And the last move will be to partition my hard disk, install Win XP...and go back to normal life again. Dan

Guest Dibona

Well it seems that the wrong thread for BEV patches has just been corrected in the http://clfwsf.com/birdseye site. I finally got the patch for Vol 5, installed it. The result is the same: the BEV Vol5 does not run in my Vista environment. Conclusion?: I QUIT!Many thanks to you nice people who tried to help me.

I know you have turned off UAC , but try installing Birdseye in it's own folder on your C drive, rather than in Program Files. Vista protects the Program Files folder maybe too much.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.