Sign in to follow this  
Moose4

Captain Sim's website down?

I'm trying to reinstall my Captain Sim C-130 and the installer is giving me an "error code 11" when it tries to authenticate my order number. Attempting to go to www.captainsim.com doesn't work either, something's blocked between me and their server or else their website is dead. Anybody have any idea what's up?Lewis "Moose" GregoryDurham, North Carolina

Guest Super 27

Yeah, all of the functions of their website have been down for at least two weeks (support, forums, manuals, etc). They had a notice that said it would be back up today, but earlier today when it was still working they had removed the date from that notice, so god knows when it will be back now. I see now it can't even be accessed at all...

There website has been hit and miss for awhile now. Yesterday I managed to get the Block 300 update, but then couldn't access the site again. You can get the manuals if you get to the website at the right time. I downloaded the 757 manuals about four hours ago, but then couldn't get into the site again. About 20 minutes ago I got back in.

have the same problem here . recently purchased from them and now i can't get my download.

....that's why I asked in another thread if anyone has been able to contact anyone from CS. I bought Block F, the money has been removed from my account, yet I still do not have Block F. This makes the two year wait for this block that much more fun.

Guest cloud_tiger

Same here. I'm praying Captainsim have not gone belly up ... ?I've already lost the products I purchased from Phoenix and would hate to lose the Captainsim stuff as well.I guess this is the price we pay for online activation.If the developer runs into problems we lose the capability of installing our software.Not a good state of affairs to be in ...

Guest ivormills

I am having the same problem as "Moose". Downloaded the C130 yesterday, I cannot install it because of "error code 11". I have googled error #11 and there are plenty of sites that cure this error with a simple download, they say it is a registry error. Is this the case? Before I try it I would like to know if this is the same error with the Captain Sim download.

>....that's why I asked in another thread if anyone has been>able to contact anyone from CS. I bought Block F, the money>has been removed from my account, yet I still do not have>Block F. This makes the two year wait for this block that much>more fun.Sigh, yeah amazing how the part of their website that controls the taking of your money always seems to work 100% of the time, yet they never seem to be too interested in getting the rest of their website working in a timely manner.Once again, (just like the whole block F saga), they went from posting a date, to changing it, to missing it, then to removing the date with no explanation and any update as to when anyone will be able to contact them to get the software they were already charged for working!I feel for all the people waiting for CS to get their act together, but I'm afraid that something as optimistic as that is about as likely as them actually coming within a month of a estimated release date.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest belga1

Hi,Dear simmers friends ... all your stories show just a bad commercial manner of CS and it's also illegal behavior..as it's thief action.Unit you and paid you a good lawer and put down definitively CS.Posting about is just have painfull fingers and no results.BTW .. I don't own personnaly CS products so I don't feel your pain but sympatize.Cheers for now.

I'm afraid it would cost me a lot more to get a lawyer than I would ever make back from Block 300. Regardless, I am just not the type to sue. I think it was that lady getting millions of dollars for dumping coffee on herself that made me mad at the judicial system.

If anyone needs support from Captain Sim, now might be a good time (1:05 EST). They just helped me via email to get my 707 and 757 Block F up and running, and were actually friendly about it. I sure hope this is a sign that they are turning over a new leaf.....not holding my breath, just hoping. -Jeremy