Sign in to follow this  
Guest Outer Marker

Overland 777-200 FDE update posted

Guest Outer Marker

Just uploaded my fix for the Overland 777-200. Other Boeing aircraft to be released in due course. Some highlights from the 777-200 fix I made:Modified wing-lift parameters especially in takeoff and approach phases.Modified center of gravity, balance, and fuel flow.Modified inertial and stability parameters throughout the flight envelope.Adjusted autopilot thrust limits.Boeing 777-200 maneuverability.Adjusted forward view angle and zoom in 2-D panelI process my flight dynamics to behave predictably and realistically across a flight envelope consisting of takeoff, climb, cruise, descent, approach, and touchdown. In some cases you will be able to perform procedures that you were not able to before. Derated takeoff is an example of one such procedure.Find this release and all my other Overland fixes here: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View-- Bryan (Outer Marker)(I'll get a proper signature soon, I promise.)

Woo Hoo, thanks Bryan! I'll try it out later today after I land -- I'm in that A/C RIGHT NOW, halfway through a haul from RJAA to KSEA.Can't wait to see what you can do for the 737. My FSPasengers continues to give me fits, giving me those bloody tail scrape and hard landing penalties, saying the plane is on the ground 20 feet up. And only on the Overland '37s. It's very frustrating and the developer's over there say they can't reproduce the problem.Thanks again!

Guest ThrottleUp

Looking forward to trying this out, thanks Bryan :) Derated takeoffs is something I've wanted to do in the sim for a long time!

Guest melf12

Hi Bryan,would your fix also apply to the PSS B772?Ken

Guest Outer Marker

Interesting since I know the models the same. To be perfectly honest I don't know since I have not tested with PSS. Chances are it will not work too well, but it might. Give it a try and back up everything. Report back and let us know what you find.-- Bryan

Guest melf12

Hi Bryan,Thanks for your reply.I'll give it a try, maybe 2/3 days before I can file a report though :)Ken

Guest melf12

Hi Bryan,Just did a caparison with the two panel.cfg files - they are as different as chalk from cheese! A non-starter I'm sorry to say.I may purchase the Overland T7 anyway. Problem with that will be no British Airways Livery.Ken

Guest Outer Marker

HmmmWhat happens if you keep the PSS panel, just replace the .air and aircraft.cfg files?Still probably won't work :(

Guest melf12

Good thinking, I'll have a look at them.There is a BA Livery included with the Overland package, If I decide to purchase.No, hopeless, pity seemed like a good idea at the time.I'm quite interested in the Overland aircraft.Ken

I have a British Airways livery! I think I downloaded it from here -- did you check the file library? Try a search on "77* AND overland" (without the quotation marks).

Sorry I haven't posted back yet Bryan. I just "finished" a new build and I've had ALL kinds of video problems I'm trying to iron out. I appreciate your efforts and will let you know how it works for me as soon as possible.

Guest melf12

Hello Chuck, thanks for the info, there is a BA livery in the Overland d/l package.Ken