Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

FS9 still going strong

another FS9 user here!im getting excellent fps on my system with add on detailed airports flying the wonderful PMDG 747with all the add ons and the plethora of things available for FS2004 i am in flight sim heaven!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I'm still using FS9 by default. I ordered FSX about six months after it came out, but amazon uk do not send software directly to where I'm living, so I had it sent to my brother-in-law in the UK. He received it and re-addressed it but it never got here, so most likely some light fingered thief stole it between the UK and here. He never registered the package so I could not have it traced. I believe I have a system that would run it.Asus P5B MotherboardE6750 core duo cpuNvidia Ge7950GT2x250Gb sata drivesI installed the FSX demo and the update when I had my old system and it just about ran. I did think the flight dynamics and the joystick handling was much better than FS9, but I'm not convinced that the textures are better. But having never seen it live in front of me, I can't with hand on heart be absolutely sure, Comments on a new thread would be appreciated if I'm to shell out more money this year and re-buy FSX once more.Having said that I have to say I'm still very happy with FS9 and have just recently added ASV6 and GEPro V2 from Flight1 which makes a world of difference to the simulation.Take care all.

Guest captandy

I have both and purchased FSX from the start and it has been on and off my system a few times.I am no longer interested in FSX as it has way too many quirks for me.The cost of ownership compared to what I have already invested in FS9 is also a consideration .So given the fasct that I run FS9 full throttle with most 3rd party add ons available FSX has found a nice little home on my bookshelf and off my system for good.Andy

I'm having so much fun flying cutting-edge airliners (DA's Fokker and the Maddog 2006) between first-rate add-on airports lately that I've decided to skip FSX for now. Every time I'm tempted by that FSX box in Best Buy, I find myself thinking about how many AES credits that $40 could buy, and I pass it up. I just wish Level-D would reconsider their decision to make the upcoming 757 FSX-only, as I think they're missing a good chunk of the add-on airliner market....John G.

John G.

I still haven't even purchased FSX. FS2004 still fills all my flightsim needs. At this point in my life, I can't be constantly building/upgrading my PC to meet the "new" version of games. FSX does nothing new for me. Better graphics are nice, but I can't run them on my hardware anyway. Other than that, there are no new features that I don't already have in fs2004 with add-ons. I'm just finally able to run fs2004 "almost" maxed out on my PC. After this, I think I will be remaining at least 1 flightsim version behind (or more) for a long, long time.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

The mere fact that all addons are still dual platform speaks for itself.I'm an iron flyer- 737 and up - you just simply can't do that on FSX. There's nothing quite like an FS9 approach into a detailed airport going liquid smooth frames all the way. That aspect is way more important to me than bloom or gimmicks like moving traffic. FSX will be there one day, maybe after the intel Nehalem cpu's come on stream, but for now all it can offer me is some low GA flying over FTX Blue.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Amen and yea verily!Long live FS2004

I just spent almost $1,800 building a brand new box (specs below) -- and that doesn't count the 3 flat panels I already have -- and I have no intention of flying anything other than FS9. People in the hardware forum can't believe I'm not flying FSX!I have found that FSX is perfect in at least one situation: the box is the perfect width to prop up a shelf I have. No kidding -- that's where it's been for almost a year and a half. :-D

Still happily running FS9 on triple monitors with my "Smithsonian" AMD 1.8 sys. My total FS hardware/software budget for 2008 is zero- that is unless PMDG announces the long awaited new 737NG!Alex Reid