Sign in to follow this  
TC1

Reality XP 430W Question

I just purchased the Reality XP 430WAAS add-on, but I messed up the installation on the aircraft. I was attempting to install the device on the DreamFleet Archer III. It appears that I did not complete the GNS configuration program successfully.First off this was my mistake, not an installation software error. So how do I recover? Do I need to remove and reinstall the complete software package, or is there a configuration program that can be run from within the existing installation that allows the updating of the on plane installation. I believe that I did not run the GNS Configuration package correctly.ThanksTom

Ron thanks.I had gone to the Reality XP Site and had reviewed their FAQ section but I missed their forum. I just posted my question at their site.Ron, I am also from the Twin Cities area. By chance did you ever work in Eagan?Thanks againTom

Guest DreamFleet

Installing it in the Archer III is easy, if you know the name of the new GNS gauge (it's in the manual).Just open up Notepad, and do a find/replace with the old and new gauge names in the panel.cfg file.All done, and takes about 15 seconds.Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Lou, you are correct.I just messed up on the GNS Config step. Once I re-did that step everthing worked fine. I do have a question though, In pre-flight do I program the flight plan into both the DF Garmin 430 and the R-XP 430W?Also is there a way just to replace the DF 430 on the 2D panel?ThanksTom

Guest DreamFleet

Hi Tom,Not sure what you mean here. If you are replacing the old RXP 430 in the Archer III with the new RXP 430W then the flight plan goes into the 430W.As I said above. Just do a global find/replace in the panel.cfg and it will put the new 430W in place of the old 430 in both VC and 2D panels. I would not attempt to run both in the same plane. Just replace the old 430 with the new 430W. :)Old 430 gauge's name: RealityXP_FL430XP_DF181!GNS430New 430W gauge's name: rxpGNS!GNS430Have notepad find the old and replace with the new.Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Lou,Thank you very much for the help.Tom