Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

Help! How to move/delete EZ Scenery Objects I created days ago?

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,I created some buildings at an airport with EZ Scenery some days ago and I want to delete them now but EZ Scenery Manuel says I only can delete objects I created in the ongoing FS9 session and I am not able to move/delete objects createt in previous FS9 sessions, f.e. 2 days ago.But it must be possible. I can not imagin that it is not possible to delete them.Many thanks for any answers!!!!Best Regards

>Hello,>>I created some buildings at an airport with EZ Scenery some>days ago and I want to delete them now but EZ Scenery Manuel>says I only can delete objects I created in the ongoing FS9>session and I am not able to move/delete objects createt in>previous FS9 sessions, f.e. 2 days ago.>>But it must be possible. I can not imagin that it is not>possible to delete them.>>Many thanks for any answers!!!!>Best RegardsAfter you start a later session of EZ (and it has loaded), you then must "open" the original scenery file in question which you created earlier. Then you can move, delete objects and/or add others.Hope this helps.

Guest XQ-NUE

But how to find that file? I tried already with the "empty.bgl" file but it does not work. I do not know which file it is. When I save a created building it says it will be saved in the empty.bgl but when loading the empty.bgl file I am still not able to delete the objects?!Many thanks opa for your forthcomming help. You helped my already in some threads. Thanks for this!

Hi,You probably created a different BGL file than the empty.bgl. They are in that file. To test this, rename the empty.bgl file (or files if you created more than one) to emtpy.bgl.orig and start up FS. Are they still there? If so, they are in a different bgl file.After this, keep a log of the BGL files you create using this tool - it will save you much grief in the long run. I NEVER use the default empty.bgl file; I create new BGL files for each airport I improve, with a name like KLAX_ezs.bgl.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest XQ-NUE

Is their any chance to find it?btw: When opening empty.bgl by "openen scenery" in the EZ Tool FS9 says that empty.bgl is not part of the active scenery file of the fs9What does this mean? Is this the problem?

Unless you have spent a great deal of time already on the project, I would recommend deleting that bgl (or at least renaming it with a bak extension) and starting over.You can do a search for it but most likely you will find it in your Addon scenery/scenery subfolder.If you start over, say NO when it asks if you want to add the objects to empty.bgl. By saying NO, you will get the opportunity to name the file whatever you wish. Also pay attention to the location it offers to save it to. Again it will likely be Addon scenery/scenery.Later on you can move it to another "active" scenery subfolder if you wish.I also prefer to make mutiple bgl's rather than one large one - placing related items such as buildings in one, and static aircraft in another, vehicles in another and so on. That just makes it easier to find and edit them later on.You can also include the ICAO code in the bgl name to further identify the bgl. Example: KDAL_Vehicles.bgl Hope this info is helpful.

Guest XQ-NUE

As I have created objects only at 1 small airport I decided to take your advice and deleteted all files and reinstalled it. Luckely everything is fine now although I have to make the 1 airport new but who cares, my problem is solved and I will take your advices serious and create own files next time.Many thanks for help from both of you. Beste Regards from Germany, Steffen

>As I have created objects only at 1 small airport I decided>to take your advice and deleteted all files and reinstalled>it. Luckely everything is fine now although I have to make the>1 airport new but who cares, my problem is solved and I will>take your advices serious and create own files next time.>>Many thanks for help from both of you. >Beste Regards from Germany, SteffenYou are very welcome Steffen.BTW - the EZ Help file can be accessed via a shortcut on your Desktop IF the path leads to EZ-Scenery.chmIf I remember correctly, the path which was provided during the installation to the Help file is incorrect. Note the name of the file which should be the target has a chm extension.