Sign in to follow this  
atc_scott

AI Addiction!!

I remember back in the day, I had Ultimate traffic installed and that was good enough. Then one day...I was annoyed by the colors of the US Air traffic. Then I was bothered by the Southwest Airlines only having the one color scheme. I noticed that there were lots of AI aircraft and packages available. About a year ago I started playing with updating the airports I fly to...to have better AIWell now I configure AI all the time...it is addictive to have the latest models...and paints...and schedules.I am amazed at all the hard work that goes into developing AI models/paints, and flight plans...all uploaded for free!! I give a big shout out to you guys...Thanks!!Anyone else have any stories of when they became AI "addicted?"Cheers,Scott

Hi, my name is Joe and I am an AI addict.everyone-"Hi Joe"I spend most of my flying time out in the bush, away from big airports. And still go through phases where I get caught up in AI h**l, spending more time fiddling with AI than flying. As a matter of fact I am in one of those phases now messing around with AI floatplanes.Happens to the best of us.My thanks also to those who put out AI packages, it takes an incredible amount of time I am sure.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

At the moment my AI traffic is sadly turned off since my aging PC doesn't handle it at large airports, giving me just a few FPS. But new equipment should hopefully soon land under my desk and will surely wake up my AI world back.Airports without AI are like deserted islands. Empty aerodromes are still beautiful, but they are built to accomodate planes, so the only way to go for me is to give them these planes. Even if I fly online (VATSIM) I like to assign my AI planes via FSInn as other users representations (I prefer it much over VIP or MCP). I used Ultimate Traffic in the beginning but soon learned to tweak AI myself. I use the wonderful World of AI packages and the rest I prepare myself by downloading models, repaints and flightplans, tweaking them if necessary and finally compiling via TTools.To anyone who flies or would like to fly to Russia I can recommend not only great free airports available at avsim.ru but also incredibly rich world of their AI ready in RAT packages (partially available also here in the AVSIM library).So yes, hardware petrmitting, I am addicted to AI. Sometimes before a flight I just love to move my twoer view to a nice location close to the active runway (e.g.EDDF) and watch colourful tails coming from various parts of the world. I wish MFS ATC could be more variable, presenting different voices, accents and tones. Maybe in FS11...Best regards,Rafal

Up until last year I wasn't the least bit interested in AI traffic, but at last years Avsim convention I saw Ultimate Traffic at at a cheap price Flight1's booth and picked it up.Now that I had all these AI models at once I too started to assign my AI planes via FSInn for use on Vatsim.One of the things I've been doing with AI, is viewing it at 4X.Its kinda fun to hover over a runway and watch the AI planes zip in and out at a busy airport at 4X.I wouldn't call myself addicted yet, but lately anytime I fly offlineinto an airport and I don't see AI traffic, and I immediately want to go to the AI web sites to find some so its there the next time I go to that airport its there.So I guess I'm starting to get there.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

See - we tease you with a free sample, then get you hooked with the cheap stuff, then bam - we have your whole life dedicated to pursuing the high end version of our stuff !!!:-)

HI Fellow AI Enthusiasts,Is there any consensus as to who has produced the 'best' AI models for Boeing and/or Airbus families of aircraft. Also, there is a lot of liveries included in the Ultimate Traffic world, so it seems a bit of a daunting task to replace them with repaints. Or I am looking at too big of a picture?Thoughts??orbmis

I'm through my AI addiction and out the other side now. 2005/06 was pure AI infatuation for me, and this was before the wonderful people at World-Of-AI made those packages. Back then I used MRAI and had to do a lot of manual building of flightplans with downloaded AI-Aardvark and FSP models. Very time consuming finding and adding repaints. I could not stop til the entire world's AI was finished and in my sim.Now I am happy to say it's all about the flying for me again. I still run WOAI but really can't be bothered getting it all inch-perfect. Not enough time these days.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Hi,I think I offer one of the largest freeware collections of AI Aircraft (almost 850 liveries). I got AI-addicted early, but didn't really get into it until 2005 or so. I rarely fly - too busy! :)PS. Most of you won't be interested - nothing after 1962...--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I too am mostly through the worst :) of it. Thanks to WOAI I've been steadily replacing my customized stuff. Mostly now my AI noodling is minimal and done from the front ends of the WOAI installer and ACA2005.Many, many thanks to WOAI and all the great model makers.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

The guy with the baddest AI addiction on here is Ed Detroit. That dog got me hooked on the AI stuff way back when. Seeing all his screen shots with his custom AI made just needing more and more.Now I'm an AI addict because of Ed......;)

I too am an AI addict. I have too many planes in the sky to not use AIsmooth. I have been doing AI on and off for about two years now. I pretty much have it down to a science using TextPad, Excel and Ttools. Thanks for reminding me. It's about time I pull out the old files and replace them with some updated ones.

My involvement with AI started with FS2000. I typed that correctly, AI started with FS2000 and not with FS2002.All though I have 1800+ AI Planes flying just about every world route available, my time since FS2000 AI has been spent studing the default XML and dll AI /ATC Engine code along with expanding the AI flying behavior capabilities that are not part of FS9 and FSX.

Yes, I am not ashamed to admit that I am an AI "addict" also.I find it quite relaxing to set myself up at a fairly large airport and just watch the AI traffic arrive and depart - early evening (when the birds come home to roost) or early morning are usually the best times for me.Watching individual AI aircraft with the TrafficToolbox utility is also fun - seeing the AI planes deploy flaps and landing gear on approach and spoilers as they touch down is truly amazing.For the past year or so I have been "refining" my skills of making other types of "aircraft" work as AI - cars, ferry boats, Helicopters and so on, and have used them succesfully in a number of projects.It gets in your blood and is a great alternative to flying.

Guest chris.eve

One day I found myself flying over a green and pleasant country with very few default airfields ... it was Ireland! I thought, this can't be right, so I did some research and found reference to a whole hatful of small strips that didn't feature in FS9 and set about creating them. Information was sparse, so most of them ended up as little more than a grass runway and some parking.Then I needed a selection of "suitable" aircraft that might operate from these short strips and set about creating those as well. Now I've got brightly-coloured little aeroplanes buzzing all around the Emerald Isle (and lots of places to land myself) ... yes, AI can be obsessive, but it's a very satisfying aspect of Flightsim :-)