Sign in to follow this  
aeolus

CLS B747-200/300 has been released...

Thanks for that heads up. Perhaps you can compare it to the RFP version and give us your feedback.

...a "Gear Down, - 3 Green" 747...Sam______________________________________Flight Simmers never get drunk........ Just get their Yaw-Damper disactivated.

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

I'll do a quick comparison between the RFP and the CLS versions and then leave you with a couple of impressions. I have not spent much time with the CLS aircraft yet, but been flying the RFP version since fs2002. The CLS 742 is a "lite" version of this aircraft meaning that there is no systems modeled, no FFRATS, no Fuel, electric, and hydraulic panels(that work). Of course, it is the brilliant modeling of these systems that has placed the RFP model into the simmers hall of fame. What you do get with the CLS model is two beautiful visual models a -200 and a -300 (each having 3 engine variants; PW, RR, & GE). They have all the animations that you would expect in this day and age (wing flex, etc.) The 2-D panel is like your looking at a cleaned up version of the RFP panel (same layout) and is visually appealing. The V/C is excellent. I'm not much of a V/C flier, but this one offers a great pilots perspective and has very good gauge refresh rates, such tht I can fly from the V/C during critical phases of flight, like take off and landing. The flight model is excellent. I haven't been a big fan of Warren Daniel's flight models in the past(nothing personal there, Warren) but he does a great job of conveying the feel of a heavy without making the point in your face. I found it to be stable in all phases of flight, and holds a glide slope well. It feels very similar to the RFP flight model, but a bit more stable. There are a few bugs that need to be worked out, no real show stoppers (to me anyway), but I would monitor their forum to find out what's going on. So, why did I buy this? The "lite" concept is very appealing to me. Most of the time, I don't want to go through pages of checklists just to start engines and taxi. Been there, done that. Most of the time I just want to fill 'er up, enter in a quick flight plan and go. The real challenge that CLS is going to face is that is this model really worth the 33.95 euros that their asking, given all of the good freeware options out there?Well, there it is, folks, my "quick comparison" and my two cents worth. Oh, I forgot to mention that the sound system is excellent and that there are different one for each engine type (PW, RR, & GE).Regards, -Robert

Thanks for the quick review. I'll probably skip this one for now, as I'm in that systems-happy phase of my Flight Sim evolution, and the RFP fits the bill just fine (especially when paired with Ernie Alston's ISG gauges and FMC). Still, if somebody comes up with a merge between this and the RFP, it might be worth a look.John G.

John G.

Johan,I don't have the 747-200 from CLS, but I do have a number of their other planes, and this is in the same style - it is a "LITE" simulator. There are no in depth systems simulated. They make nice looking models though. :-)

Graeme Butler

I'm curious about the frame rates. I've heard that it is an FPS hog, that it has no impact, and everything in between.-Jeremy

I would like to see some VC shots from normal flying angles....

Guest ruudpel
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/781/fsscr004bz9.jpg(Shot was taken at 1280x1024 and resized to 1000x800)I personally think it's a great aircraft..panel and VC are awesome! The refresh rate of the gauges is really high, making real smooth instruments. There is a lot of 'depth' visible in the VC, it's very three-dimensional. I framerates are good to very good I'd say, I would guess somewhat comparable to the Overland series. So far the only 'bad' thing I've experienced is the oversensitive elevator trim.

I thanks you for posting....Now, does that Performance Data Computer work or is it just eye candy? Also does it use an INS system for NAV?It sure looks nice.

Guest ruudpel

I don't know about the Data Computer, it does not have an INS system right now, but I believe, like with the DC-10, it will be added later on as a seperate download

I think I will be purchasing it but I am wondering when it will be available at Simmarket. I have a credit there that I would like to use.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I was reading on their forum that once they update it to the next version it will be ready for SimMarket.