Sign in to follow this  
Guest shally

Aircraft sounds in FS9

Guest shally

Hello all,I have enjoyed FS9 and all my add-ons for years. However I loaded up last night and found that my aircraft sounds could no longer be heard. Simulator menu click sounds and ATC all can be heard but no engines, flaps cockpit clicks, air noise etc can be heard. This applies to all aircraft - default and 3rd party. I have tried a few things such as copying the entire Cessna 182 folder from another computer to no effect. Does anybody know what could possibly be causing this or what file is affected?Please help me. Reloading everything I have collected over the years is a conservative 20 hours work!!!Stephen Shallcross.

Have you checked Settings / Sounds to see how the various sliders are set?That would be the first area I would investigate.Also double check to see that you have not accidently hit your Q key as that will turn off all FS sounds.Keep us posted.

Guest shally

Yes. Unfortunately both of these have been checked.Stephen.

I seem to remember another similar post a month or so ago.If memory serves, the gentleman had "lost" all of the wav files in his FS2004 Sound folder. He ended up having to restore them from the install disks.He never did figure out why they dissapeared. Might be worth checking - as most aircraft use sounds from this folder.You might also double check your Computer Sound settings to be sure that wav files have not been muted.

Guest PARADISE

To help isolate the problem try opening one of the a/c sound files and click on the indivdual wave files located within and see if you hear a sound (ie-engine start up, gear up sounds,etc). If you do, than it is most likely not your wave files that are corrupt. Next thing would be to check the sound.cgf file within the sound file itself. I've had these mysteriously go missing. Usually after installing a new sound file, or new aircraft with a new sound file.Have you tried to un-install and then re-install one of your third party aircraft? If so, was the sound still missing?

Guest shally

Thanks for the replies. I have clicked on the individual sound files and the play normally. However they will not play whn I am flying. It seems to only be the engine sounds.Shally.