Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Ugly Terrain Textures Over Ireland

Is this the best FS9 can do or is there something wrong with my setup? Am I missing some textures?? This is at FL330, about 45 miles north of EICK, Cork, Ireland. The only 'scenery' I have for Europe installed at this time is FSGenesis terrain mesh. I seem to see a lot of this, especially in the Western United States, too.Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make this more lifelike -- or at least more beautiful?Thank you, and have a great day everybody!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189470.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189471.jpg

You might try the Mesh here in the library by Andy Wier and see if it is any better.There are four files (if memory serves) covering Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland And Eire.Vincent van Veen also has a UK and Ireland Mesh package in the library.Hope these ideas are helpful.

Mesh is elevation, is it not? If so, mesh will not change what you're seeing, just how high or low you're seeing it. You might want to consider different landclass. Or different textures, Ground Environment Pro II for example. Or ideally both.

Mike...

Hello,www.ifsd.ie gives two installers that cover Leinster region of Ireland with accurate landclass. Included in this package are EIDW to a good detail and also EICK and several other regional airports. Also an accurate coastline of Dublin. I use it FSEglobal and it looks lovely. Alternatively the mesh packages mentioned above here in the library are very good too I've used them myself. I also use a package called 'roads and rivers of europe' I think its justflight and it gives a lovely coastline to Europe with accurate waterways and no frame hit. Hope this helpsGeorge TyrrellEIDW

I thought mesh would affect the view only if it were bleeding through the textures for some reason. I actually own GEPro but haven't re-installed it yet. I never thought it did enough to justify the 25 gigs of file space. Maybe I should take another look at it now that I'm getting my hardware to settle down.Would GE Pro make my western US look better from high altitudes too? As I recall, it really did nothing for the areas leading up to and west of the Rocky Mountains, where my ground looks like this dirty eggshell stuff high altitude from 30,000 feet. I feel like such a newb -- I haven't messed with a lot of this stuff in a while, and the memory gets feeble as you age. :-D