Sign in to follow this  
Guest cdog423

New York Scenery

Guest cdog423

Anyway to deactivate the Manhatten buildings. I think this may be the main cause for bad performance in the EWR, JFK, LGA airports. Thanks for any help.Cdog

Try renaming the NewYork.bgl into NewYork.bakYou will find it in your Scenery/Name/Scenery folder.But flying into New York without seeing the Manhattan skyline must be a very strange feeling...Best regrads,Rafal

>Anyway to deactivate the Manhatten buildings. I think this>may be the main cause for bad performance in the EWR, JFK, LGA>airports. Thanks for any help.>>CdogYou can turn down your Scenery Complexity slider - try Sparse - and that will cause many of the buildings not to display. Keeping some buildings visible will not be as visually shocking as seeing none at all.After you have cleared the area you can always move it back up to Normal or wherever you usually have it set.The sliders are accessed from Options/Settings/Display dialogue - available from the Menu bar at the top of your screen. If the Menu bar is not visible, just hit your ALT key Also, reduce your AI traffic per-centage to help with Frame Rate issues.Hope this is helpful.

Guest cdog423

Thanks. Im just tired of have low fps when flying into nyc area. I get to see the skyline when I fly into NYC in real life and thats much better than the sim. Your idea didnt seem to work any other ideas.

Guest cdog423

Thanks. I am not really interested in pulling down the sliders because I like them high because they dont effect any other city. I would basically like to delete the Manhatten buildings. Would removing the New York photo from the scenery library do anything?Thanks for any help.CDOG

Sounds like you need to create an exclude file.There is a nifty utility to do just this in the library, search for excbuilderv2.zip

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, I have Manhatten scenery also installed, and am powering FS9 with the new QX 9650 Extreme CPU and a 38nm MB, (Asus maximus formula), and I can tell you, what it takes to do NY is horsepower. I cruise at 4,000 AGL at 60 FPS, all sliders maxed, and its great, however my old 3.4 OC'd to 3.6 fell to its knees at 18 FPS on the same scenery. I know that's not what you asked, but horsepower is the key.BestClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

I couldn't agree more.If your computer doesn't have the "horses", flying in an area which has three major airports so close together, with alot of AI going on is going to tax all but the very powerful setups.Bite the bullet and reduce your AI traffic for starters.