Sign in to follow this  
Guest 7_3dieselman

scenery help

Guest 7_3dieselman

I just bought AFX, Airport Facilitator for FS2004. I've been able to generate a couple layouts, that was easy enough. But my question is how do i add buildings, terminals, etc. And these airports will not let me add an ILS frequency. Can anybody help?

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,it is not possible to create Buildings with AFX. The only thing you can create with AFX is everything that has to do with your airport exept creating buildings. Fences and Jettways are only createable in FSX. Therefor you need EZ Scenery -> an aweseome tool I am addicted to :-)Adding ILS? Go to "insert" and then to section "ILS".

If you are considering investing in an Object Placing program such as EZ (recommended in another post) - take the time to check out the Instant Scenery Object Placer program from Flight1.It is by the same author, and costs about the same but is MUCH more versatile.In my humble opinion, a far better investment.

Guest XQ-NUE

Yes, opa is right instant scenery is the better one. Instant Scenery is the one I got, EZ Scenery is the older version.Instant Scenery is in my eyes a must have for FS9/FSX!

Guest 7_3dieselman

ok, thanks...i purchased "Instant scecery" and installed. now it says to look for "Flight1|Instant Scenery" icon inside the FS9 main menu. i cannot locate it. where do i look? did i install wrong?

It should be on the Menu Bar at the top of your FS screen.It is actually a "tab" which says Flight1 and when you click on it a drop down menu will offer the Instant Scenery program.If the menu bar is not visible, just hit your ALT key.Until you install some other libraries, about the only objects you will be able to "place" are the default objects which come with FS2004 - but there are hundreds more available.You will need to download and install the RWT12 librarys (three large files here in the library) plus as many of the EZ style libraries as you can find - probably 40 or more of them here in the library.Also get the EZ base libraries directly by using this link:http://www.abacuspub.com/pub/AbacusEZLibraries.exeIf you get as many of these as possible, you will have literally hundreds of objects plus all of the default FS2004 objects which you can easily place anywhere in the world.You will be amazed at what is available and what you can do with the program.

Guest XQ-NUE

Hallo OpaAbacus is not working since days.Here is a link for a download that concists of almost all available EZ Scnerey / Instant Scnerey Objects. 210MB File!http://www.flightlevel390.org/downloads.htmlInstant Scenery mad me addicted to it. Can't life with out it :-)

Be aware that the large file you mention contains a number of non-EZ items which may affect other additions.

Guest XQ-NUE

Mhh, still does not work. After 5 seconds I get the message about failling connection :-(The Homepage abacuspub.com does not work either :-(

Guest 7_3dieselman

you guys are the ####!!! much thanks!!! i'm really new to the fs2004, but i'm really enjoying it. i never knew this simulator had so much to offer. thanks again.Brad Zuvlis