Sign in to follow this  
Guest fzangger

Spot Views in FS2004

Guest fzangger

I uninstalled FS2004 removing all addon aircraft, scenery, etc. I went into the Registry and removed the FS2004 from it as well. I reinstalled the software and ever since, I have not been able to use the Spot View in the main page. It screws up the sound and sometimes will show part of the outside view in the same window as the Panel. Also, although there is sound, nothing works. I give it full throttle but nothing happens. I key on an icon and again, nothing happens. I would really like to get this installed so I can use it again. I have been using FS2004 since it's release way back when.Is there anyone out there that can posiibly help me.Thanks in advance.Frank Z.

My first reaction is that you have a bad installation (one or more corrupted files).When you reinstalled, did you turn off all other programs first - including your virus detection program?I would un-install again - being VERY sure that Nothing is left behind such as hidden files etc. (the uninstall routine often leaves several items such as the FS9.cfg file behind)Then try a re-install with nothing else running and see it it works any better this time.Be sure your install disks are clean before starting the install also.Good luck.

Guest fzangger

Thank you David for your help. I went in and removed all files for FS9 including the FS9.cfg file. I then did a clean install and also installed the update as well. The program will only go to the 2% loading function and then stops and tells me to search the web or close out. I searched the web and it took me to the update. I tried loading several times but it always quits at the 2% mark. Hopefully the attachment came through ok.Do you think it would do me any good to uninstall and reinstall again? I am really getting to the end of my patience. My CD's are clean so I can't figure why there is such a problem. I do have FSX installed but then I have run both programs since FSX came out and never had a problem.Your thoughts would be kindly appreciated.Frank

That is one error message I have never seen.I am only speculating here but perhaps something relating to FSX is the cuplrit.I too have both versions installed but FS2004 was installed first.Just curious, did you attempt to run FS2004 PRIOR to installing the update?I have read that some simmers have experienced some issues which they thought were related to the update. Again, the update has caused me no problems.You might try removing the update - there is an uninstall for it it your main FS9 folder - if memory serves it is named FS9UpdateUninstall.exe and see if doing that allows FS to finish booting.Good luck.

Guest fzangger

Yes, I did try to run the program right after it was installed and received the same error message. When I clicked on check the internet for solutions, it came up with a suggestion to install the update which I did. It is really frustrating as I have never had a problem with this program. I think tomorrow, I will uninstall one more time and reinstall again. This error message is new to me as well as I hab=ve never seen it before. I will let you know how I do tomorrow.Thanks again for your help.Frank

Guest robystar

Hi,Since loading stops when FS is rebuilding its scenery database, perhaps the problem is somewhere in a leftover scenery.cfg in the drive x:usersusernameAppdataRoamingMicrosoftFS9 (if it is Vista).Roby

Guest fzangger

I uninstalled again and reinstalled using copies of the original program that I made when I purchased FS2004. I had the same problem. However, I noticed if I ran in full screen mode, everything worked fine. If I unchecked the full screen mode, then my problem was back. I could not get the views command to work properly. When I went back in full screen mode, everything was fine. This is really strange as I always ran the program with the full screen mode unchecked and never had a problem. This is really weird.I guess I will just keep the program in full screen mode.Many thanks for your help.Frank

Guest fzangger

Thanks for the reply. This will bring you up-to-date.I uninstalled again and reinstalled using copies of the original program that I made when I purchased FS2004. I had the same problem. However, I noticed if I ran in full screen mode, everything worked fine. If I unchecked the full screen mode, then my problem was back. I could not get the views command to work properly. When I went back in full screen mode, everything was fine. This is really strange as I always ran the program with the full screen mode unchecked and never had a problem. This is really weird.I guess I will just keep the program in full screen mode.Many thanks for your help.Frank