Sign in to follow this  
Guest 121a

FS9 'refreshing' all the time

Guest 121a

Ok so i am not new to FS9 (about 7 years experience) but i have this problem that is SO annoying. I can only describe it with a 10 sec video of it happening. My settings are:here are pics of my settingsfsscr016.jpgfsscr017.jpgfsscr018.jpgfsscr019.jpgMy system:AMD 3800 X2 (939)overclocked to 2.25ghzBFG Tech 7800gt overclocked slightly1gb ram120gb HDHeat is not a problem.Drivers are up to date. Deleting the FS9 cfg does not help.As far as i know it only does it with this and other POSKY models also it does this anywhere. I have mostly airport scenery installed also. Here is the link to the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xShO-A271B4Also sorry if linking like this is not allowed. Thanks

'Render to texture' has this effect with 2D panels in my installation; if you aren't using any dxt3 textures you might turn it off. Other than that, I have no ideas...DJ

Guest 121a

thank you, when it happens i will try it. I'm going to do a few more flights and see if it does it with other a/c.

Guest 121a

also when i minimize the FS and the plane is still on autopilot flying, it magically speeds up and a flight from ohare to Honolulu takes about 45minutes in a 777 going 250kts. I have re-installed many times but this still happens.

From that symptom I would have to conclude that your system has some problems that aren't inherent in FS9. I suspect hardware, but it's impossible to guess just what it might be; the only way that FS is going to speed up is if time acceleration is being triggered via a false signal from your joystick or keyboard (or their controllers), which might also be what is causing the repaint problem with dense textures - if the system is overwhelmed with inputs, FS is going to suffer.DJ

Guest 121a

you mean like going on the internet while flying the PMDG 747? LOLI see it makes sense but that would then be unrelated to the (CORRECTION) Meljet (i said POSKY earlier) reloading textures.

Guest 121a

just tried it doesn't work. Also i tried to turndown other settings, no go.

Guest 121a

ok so another new symptom, FS9 gets stuck at 77% loading weather and then needs to close as it is an error.

I assume you turned off 'render to texture' as discussed earlier. If so, you have dxt cloud textures and will need to turn it back on.DJ