Sign in to follow this  
sluggy

PC-12 'glued' to the runway! Help!

Hi everybodyHere's a strange one for the experts. For some reason my F1 Pilatus PC-12 refuses to move on the ground, no matter how much throttle I give it. I've tried different surfaces, no difference at all. Tried all the usual tricks (selecting the default Cessna, etc), even got the Cessna upto around 50kts on the runway then selected the PC-12, and she comes up at 0kts. I've tried other planes, all OK. Removed and reinstalled the PC-12, still no difference.I am well and truly stumped on this one!

Guest chris.eve

It's not something silly like prop-pitch set to zero ?

Check your trim setting. You need to trim her up quite a bit before you will be able to lift off.

Well, I found it. The PC-12 doesn't have a prop pitch control, and the trim won't stop a plane from moving. But if I selected a another plane with a prop pitch control and adjusted it correctly, then reselected the PC-12 she would move alright. I've never had this problem before, so I'm a little confused why I had it today. But I'm happy that's she's going, even if the landing at Lukla was quite, erm, bouncy!

Guest belga1

Hello,The PC-12 doesn't have a prop pitch control ... ? ?The Pilatus PC-12 propeller is a constant speed type and so it's a pitch control :)Me think you must RTFMRegards.

RTFM indeed. The complete list of the Flight 1 throttle pedestal :1. Trim Indicator 2. Cabin Temperature 3. Throttle Control 4. Condition Lever 5. Flaps Control 6. Landing Gear Control and Indicator (cut and pasted)I believe amongst the automated devices in the PC-12 is the prop pitch control, with reverse being the only operator selected position. At least it's not mentioned in the manual...Have you tried the F1 PC-12? Lots of fun, especially with a full Reality XP retrofit.Cheers, SLuggy

Guest DanWalloch

>Hello,>>The PC-12 doesn't have a prop pitch control ... >>? ?>>The Pilatus PC-12 propeller is a constant speed type and so>it's a pitch control :)>>Me think you must RTFM>>Regards.No it doesn't, the PC-12 has a condition lever.On a slighty different subject, the Cirrus line of piston singles have a constant speed prop and they don't have a prop control.....because the prop is automaticaly adjusted based on the manifold pressure.

We have to think a little differently when talking about piston engine and turbine engine thrust management.A piston engine