Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cumulo

Map autopilot to keyboard?

Guest retard_retard_retard

After finally getting bored of the three 737's ive been flying for years(PMDG,Wilco and Ariane) i decided it was time for a change. I went down the airbus route and got myself the "Volume 1" package. Seems pretty good so far, but one thing in particular that i've found and LOVE is the ability to map the various autopilot functions to the keyboard by setting it up in the little config utility that came with the package. No more flapping around fighting the active camera turbulence trying to find the dials with my mouse pointer!Anyway that brings me to my question, which is, has anybody found a way to do this with other aircraft? I's love to have the same thing for my 737's.Would greatly appreciate any help.Thanks

Not sure if this what you are after but have you checked the Settings/Assignments dialogue?There are a number of autopilot commands which can be mapped to a keyboard combination which are not preset as defaults.

In the PMDG menu you can do it as well as the 737 PIC. I don't own Arian's 737.PMDG is a bit harder as you have to do it through the PMDG menu while in the plane. Hitting "ALT" brings up the menu.For the Wilco 737 PIC go to your C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FeelThereb737 folder and use the setup tool for each version (300/400/500). It's under the keyboard tab.