Sign in to follow this  
Guest EdCase

Timothy M. Metzinger's Advanced Operations Tutorial

Guest EdCase

Hi all my names Eddie, a newbie on the forums but a seasoned simmer.My bag is the 737 in all of it's guises ( except Microsoft's version:D )the PMDG 600/700/800/900 being the real deal AFAIC. I'm looking forward immensely to the forthcoming NGX. I just hope my rig's got enough oomph to handle it.In the meantime I'd like to catch up on Tim's Tutorial which has been removed from the file library because of some issue or other.I would love to have a chance to try this out first hand because it is highly thought of in more than 1 review I've read.I've found and downloaded the file containing the Sids and Stars for the tutorial, so I'm almost ready.Has anyone got a copy they could email to me please, I'd be so grateful. Thanks Eddie. my email is eddieoberzet@tiscali.co.uk

Does "Tim" have a last name?There are several sites which have "hard to find" items and if you could be a bit more specific regarding the name etc., perhaps one of us can point you to one.Edit: Oops..... did not notice you had mentioned the name in the subject line.

Guest EdCase

HI , I'm truly amazed at the response I got from all of you, James, Dennis and Richard et al. I think this proves what a high regard there is for this tutorial among the cognoscenti. I'm grateful for all the links and have sucessfully managed to download the file easily.Printing this out will be hugely enjoyable ( another rainforest bites the dust !!!!)The issue which led to it's removal seems petty in the extreme but big ( should we say Global ? ) business seems to be more preoccupied with litigation than freedom of information. Shame, Tim put in a whole shed load of work for other peoples enjoyment and look what happens.Once again Many thanks to all of you, I'll be a regular forum goer now methinks.Eddie.

Guest EdCase

Thanks Denis, ( spelt your name right at last, sorry for the typos)I love it, just printing it out is getting me into it.I did have a crack myself at one stage at attempting an expanded checklist for the Wilco 737 PIC which is also a favourite of mine, being the "classic" version. It has been downloaded about 2500 times from the File Library on Avsim. I used a number of sources for this, not least being a genuine Boeing 737 Classic and NG Manual bought from Transair Pilot Shop in Victoria, London. Also my friend who worked at the shop was studying for his left hand seat after being a first officer for some time, and he had a fair bit of input. I did it mainly to help my memory lapses when coming back to this plane after a layoff of a couple of weeks or more, but other people like yourself may just find it useful.I was thinking of modifying it to take into account the NG differences, if there is sufficient interest, see what you think of it.You can find it by searching in the FS2004 Miscellaneous Files for the file boeing_737_pic_by_wilco-feelthere.zip It's not a tutorial but a grey matter jogger, for memory challenged pilots ( like me )Regards Eddie:D

Morning everybody,just happened to read this post and I wouldn't mind a copy of the tutorial myself.I was too late to download it myself before it was take offline so you could help me out here.mailglaudrung@mobistar.beThanksLuc Brusselmans

Luc,Received the following error message on attempting to send you the file:Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 6/15/2008 6:24 AMThe following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'glaudrung@mobistar.be' on 6/15/2008 6:34 AM 552 sorry, that message size exceeds my databytes limit (#5.3.4)I'll try one more time unless you have already received it from someone else. Let me know.Jim D.

Would you mind sending it to me jim, It would be greatly appreciated as I was also late on the download, and would love to have a go with it. Thanksgerry_dude999 at hotmail dot com

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest retard_retard_retard

Hi, if anyone wants to send me the file then i will host it on one of my websites and post the link here so anyone who's after it can have a chance to get the file.email is clum@clum.usthanks.

I have attempted to email the zip file to several of the requesters here and each time it is returned as undeliverable. I must be doing something wrong here. How does one email a zip file? Or do I need to sent by email the unzipped files?Jim D.

Guest EdCase

Hi, first off there is a 10Mb limit in emails for attachments and this file is way over that. Secondly it is Tim's wish that this file is NOT posted on any websites, obviously because of the issue that caused it to be removed. I think it only fair that we respect his wishes, however I would say that this is one fantastic tutorial and it is a crying shame it is not widely available. However if anyone would like it I can point them in the right direction. ( A download link ) But no hosting OK. Eddie.

Guest randabus

I've heard many speak of this tutorial but could never get my hands on it. If someone could pass this my way I'll put it to good use :)randabus at comcast dot netThanks so much!Randy