Sign in to follow this  
Guest 19blackrock

ATC Annoyance

Guest 19blackrock

While flying a flight plan ATC interupts and suggests a course correction..usually of 25 degrees. This will go on for a while with further instructions to adjust the turn and proceed on route.What's up with that? Happens almost every flight two or three times. When this happens I am always "perfectly" on course.

I'm sure there is an "official" explanation for why MSFS ATC acts like this, but it doesn't matter... most, if not all, of us have been irritated by this for years. I suspect the true reason for that ridiculous activity is to make the simulation more "immersive," as if ATC is really talking to you, and to give you something to do on those long, cross-country flights besides looking out the window.A great way to end the frustration is to invest in an addon ATC emulator; as you can see by my banner, I use PFE, and I love it. Check it, and some others, out.

A free way to get past that, and not have to be online or anything like that is to just use ATC on the ground and on final. I'll follow their instructions up until they tell me to contact departure, then I just say I will and don't actually do it, then contact approach when I'm turning final.Works like a charm

>A free way to get past that, and not have to be online or>anything like that is to just use ATC on the ground and on>final. I'll follow their instructions up until they tell me>to contact departure, then I just say I will and don't>actually do it, then contact approach when I'm turning final.>>Works like a charmHelloI am being dumb here,but does that work for IFR flights?After years of simming jolly old ATC speak does get a bit intusive (more like irritating in busy areas of the world ie U.S.or Europe)so a bit of peace would be rather nice.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest 19blackrock

Andy...exactly right. Always a problem on the IFR flights. Wondering if it's a sync problem between FS and EZ-GPS 4.0 that I also use...?Thanks....

>A free way to get past that, and not have to be online or>anything like that is to just use ATC on the ground and on>final. I'll follow their instructions up until they tell me>to contact departure, then I just say I will and don't>actually do it, then contact approach when I'm turning final.>>Works like a charmExactly, I do the same thing, at the handoffs just tune into them all along your route without contacting them, around FL100 contact the given center (or approach). From time to time FS ATC does get it right with the transitions though.happy landings

I think - this usually happens if a third party flight planner (with a later database) is used to export an MSFS flight plan based on that later data. There's almost always waypoints missing from the old FS database, and these are thus unseen by fs ATC as you fly, leading to course 'corrections'. On and on atc will go till you get to a waypoint it recognizes - I just accept and ignore it during climb and sing off asap.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hello! I can personally recommend Radar Contact for a great replacement of the default ATC, which at times "doth stinketh." I love to fly online with VATSIM, but when I can't, Radar Contact makes a wonderful and realistic substitute!!Paul