Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloudflyer

Captain Sim forum?

Guest cloudflyer

Did they eliminate it? The website stinks.

It looks as though they've converted to a "trouble ticket" system.Not a good sign.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I think they like it the way it is right now.I mean, they continue to take money from people and since there is no forum for them to have to listen why registration codes aren't working, or the vast amount of issues people have with their products, its an easy deal for them. They just come in the morning, collect the sales, and go home. :-xxrotflmaoMost reputable internet companies would post a reason as to why their estimate to have the new website up went from May 30, to the 31st, then to no date at all.It is quite ironic that the one part of the entire CS website that works flawlessly 100% of the time is the one that charges your credit card, regardless if you get your download link or not.I'd be upset if I thought this wasn't typical CS behavior, but nothing they do surprises me anymore. Even the new policy to re-charge you for downloading YOUR product again.It doesn't say much for a internet commerce company to take over a month to get a forum up and running. I bet one of the things taking so long is that they are going through all the forums and deleting all the incriminating posts they made about progress on projects and any implied features they talked about but never had any intention to produce. :-rollRegards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, I keep remembering a statement by Alex of Capt. Sim about Russians knowing what to do with traitors, bla, bla, bla. I'm sure someone has the exact quote, however I don't but the meaning was VERY clear way back then.The good Capt. and crew have some of the best eye candy in the business . . . absolutely beautiful, lots of other things are lacking. It's a shame as with the right amount of effort and such, they could have been a class act. By now, they are either in deep financial trouble, or just don't care -- in any event, no forum, open discusions and the like. Those of us who have continually given the crew another chance, wishing and hoping things would change, are now left with the ultra bad taste in our mouths about the whole ordeal. A shame, as they had a good following at first, and truthful communication is all it would have taken to keep us around.Another one bites the dust . . . to last in this FS Business, you not only have to offer quality products, but have quality service and Public relations.Best to all, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Hi,Capt. Empty Promises lost me as a customer when they released the 707 and promised its customers a fix that "NEVER CAME". I've given up waiting on Capt. empty promises.That company will "NEVER" see another penny from me.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

It is too bad because the 757 did have potential in the end...But issues like horrible night lighting, a fuel burn that could not be further off, I mean I used like 28k to get to EGCC from KEWR LOL. Try ~ 66k. no c/d, APU doesn't burn fuel, brakes seem to be stuck on, no airspeed display on the Primary Display, incorrect start procedure and so on and so on...All the eye candy in the world doesn't make up for all those issues.-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest JeffJeff

CS updated site still contains forum link in menu ("Press -> Community Forum") that doesn't work.Maybe one day CS will upload it back... ?-(

It appears that CS did release a fix for the 707 AP problem regarding pitch control - AP fix (140kb). Is there anyone out there who has this file and prepared to e-mail to me.Would be appreciated.ThanksTrevor

It's a pure shame. The 757 *had* the potential to become another LDS 767 or PMDG 747. All of the elements were there and it was just a matter of fixing the issues that were inaccurate or not working (I found 12 inaccuracies / INOPs before leaving the gate on the first day I bought the product). The cockpit graphics and 3D model are spectacular.It doesn't take a month to move a forum to another server, sorry. And it sure as heck didn't take a month to move their ecommerce site, that is working just fine to take your money.At the end of the day, many played into Private Sim's bullpucky. Blaming the end user for most of the faults in the 757 when it was the poor and lazy programming that caused the issues in the majority of cases and NOT the end user.Oh well, it is what it is.Mike T.

I feel the same way, it is a shame :( I hope I'm wrong but I'm guessing their next move will be too release block F for FSX and discontinuing support for the Fs9 757, without a forum who will complain! I do hope they fix the bizarre fuel consumption and Vrefs before they walk away.John

Guest B52Drivr
You're kidding . . . right? Why in the world would they even attempt to fix those . . . they haven't made any effort to fix anything else. We should have all bailed when Alex first made the statement about knowing how to deal with traitors . . . Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Either my memory is going or I just missed this whole "traitor" statement. What's that all about?-Jeremy

Guest JeffJeff

Jim, since "long while back" new customers joined the club (like me).Guess, many of us didn't think that new Captain Sim releases are simply the ghost of "dead horse".There was a forum which is gone now. Where else can we go?