Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloudflyer

Captain Sim forum?

Jim:I think this whole "beating a dead horse" cliche' that has become very "vogue" as of late has absolutely no context in an open forum environment. "Beating a dead horse" applies if EVERYONE is aware of a certain subject and chooses to harp on it relentlessly with no hope of changing the outcome. It does NOT apply at all in an open forum envrionment where the levels of participation and the time of joining a discussion vary widely over the 40,000+ participants. Everyone can't be expected to know what you or I already know. SO, how can a person just joining a discussion be beating a dead horse? That person would have to be brought "up to speed" first before that can happen.Secondly common courtesy. If you are at a baseball game and have been there since the 1st innning and you know why your team is down by 10 runs, would it be at all courteous to someone who just got there in the 5th inning and asks what happened to be told: "let's not beat a dead horse, watch it on instant replay when you get home?" That would be rude.If one is willing to respond with "use the search button" why not simply answer the question? Jim's got a total of two (2) posts, he has just joined the party...what a great way to welcome him to the community.Regards,Mike T.

I wish I could just tell the evil Captain where to shove it, but everytime I think I am going to cut them off, they draw me back in. I thought I would never visit there site again, but then I saw that they were building a B-52. It will take a lot of willpower to avoid that one....unless it's only for FSX.-Jeremy

Jeremy:Don't feel bad, I promised that I wouldn't buy the 757 but I really got sick of looking at the PSS 757 and the CS 757 is SOOOO much better looking and visually realistic. Unfortuantely, the CS 757 is the equivalent of a "dumb blonde". Looks great, but not much substance. And to top it off, trying to get support from CS is much equal to trying to ask the village idiot for instructions on how to build a nuclear bomb...(images of Homer Simpson drooling with a blank look on his face comes to mind!) :-lol.I don't care what CS releases next. I don't care if the B52 looked like Vanessa Williams, cooked, cleaned and gave back massages, I'm not buying it! (well...then again! :-lol)Regards,Mike T.

Maybe I need to find a 12 step program to help me kick the CS habit.-Jeremy

>I don't care if the B52>looked like Vanessa Williams At first blush I'd say oh sweet darlin' :-bluegrab :) but then I remember a CS airplane is like a psychotic's gorgeous daughter, and poor missy's likely to be, troubled, plus have 'abandonment' issues.As for dead horses, CS qualifies for zombie, maybe even vampire status, so let all barrels blaze, fists fly and bats swing afaic.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Jim:I cannot, I had not heard about it until now, but if I could I would. It sounds like a severe enough comment that one would not consider the elapsed time, but rather the words spoken.Case in point, the Peter Tishma affair happened years ago...that won't stop anyone who knows about that fiasco from educating those who do not, and no one on this forum would consider that beating a dead horse right?So, if you know about it, let us know too. I want to make sure my car doesn't blow up in the morning if I am unknowingly flagged a traitor to be dealt with! :-lol !Mike T.

Guest B52Drivr

ahhh, as for the dead horsey's, Mr. Mike!I've been informed that should you ever show your face around here, there are two or three equine's which have it in for you. Something about takin that 'Mike, pilot guy' for a attention getting ride. We don't say 'dead horses' around here in jest Mike,LOL Speaking of which, I have to get off, as one of my mares wants to check her e mail. See yaClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

OOOOHHHHHHH CLAY! You'd better hope that Cathy doesn't answer the phone when I call! :-lolSee ya!Mike T

Guest B52Drivr

Hi Mike, Well, Kat has said for years that 'Dancer' ('Round Bars Dancer' Her official name)is my girlfriend, she is a Paint show mare we have, and I spend more time with her than I do my wife LOL. Probably just as well, Dancer doesn't complain nearly as much, she's always happy to see me, only wants a good rubdown occasionally and a bit of feed and hay . . .the perfect woman, LOLBestClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

>before they walk away.>>You're kidding . . . right? Why in the world would they even>attempt to fix those . . . they haven't made any effort to fix>anything else. We should have all bailed when Alex first made>the statement about knowing how to deal with traitors . . . >>Clay>>>http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpg>>Clayton T. Dopke (Clay)>Major, USAF (retired)>"Drac"Lol I wish I was! To be fair they did release a quick patch for block F! Then again I just can't figure out how so many simple things like fuel consumption, Vrefs, dead 2D/VC buttons etc.... get through a 2 year development process. So maybe the glass is half cracked.

Thanks for the link. Hope that dead horse stays dead. Good lord...