Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Bird's Eye View/Ground Environment Pro/Ultimate Terrain

I've just reinstalled FS9 on a new Homebuild (specs below) and have opted to bypass reinstalling Ground Environment Pro II up until now because my new Bird's Eye View textures and autogen with my Ultimate Terrain (which I've always flown with) have been nothing less than stunning -- even at 30,000 feet. I reinstalled GEProII once already and then wiped the HD to start over due to other issues, and I really want to keep his install as lean as possible. At over 32 gigs in size my GE Pro texture sets on my old rig would take quite a bit of time to copy over through my network, and would also take quite a bit of room on my C: drive which is only 150 gigs. However, I'm wondering if I may still be missing something by shelving my Ground Environment Pro II? Wet taxiways and runways, perhaps? I've read all the articles and theses on AVSIM and other sites, but my sim NEVER looks like those pictures so I'd like to know what people think? Are GEProII and Birds Eye View just different versions of the same thing? Would GEProII compliment BEV?BTW, what got me questioning myself again was tom Knudsen's Merge Guide for GEPro, which I saw in the library today.