Sign in to follow this  
Guest gizzmo

Alian Capt MD-11 Panel 2.47

Guest gizzmo

Having trouble installing this panel. Not a guru, so I really don't know what I'm missing in the intructions. Trying to install in Overland MD-11 without any results. Does anyone have any ideas that would help me?Thanks,gizzmo

Although I am not familar with that particular panel and whatever instructions may have come with it, the following procedure is how I treat any "optional" panels I audition for any aircraft.I unzip the new panel to a temp folder - or if it has an auto-installer, I direct that to a temp folder.If there are gauges included, I do not place them in the FS gauge folder, put place them in the panel folder - however it may be named. FS2004 looks in that folder first anyway for required gauges and will use them from that location. No need to add more gauges to the default Gauge folder if they may not be kept.If the "new" panel folder is simply named Panel, I will change that name to reflect what it is. Example: Panel.AlianNote the period after the word PanelThen I Copy the entire folder named (as per the example) Panel.Alian and Paste into the folder of the aircraft I want to use it with.The final step is to open the aircraft.cfg file of that aircraft (using Notepad) and make the following changes://Panel=Panel=AlianThe forward slash marks comment out the default panel the aircraft would use and the new entry (Panel=Alian) tells the aircraft it should use the data found in the folder named Panel.Alian instead.Note there is no period before the word Alian in the example above.It does not matter how you have named the "new" panel, as long as you follow the guidelines above.To restore the original panel, just remove the // marks and delete the Panel=Alian line (or comment it out using //)Hope the above may be useful.

>First of all, download the latest version 4.52:>http://www.acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-...md11-panel.html>>The instructions are very good, and the installer takes care>of all the settings as far as I remember. I have had it>installed for years now without a problem.>Hello I think the latest version is 2.52 not 4.52.Probably a typo.cheers AndyHad me all exicted there.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Ooops - sorry about that! Yes I meant 2.52. :-)

Graeme Butler

Guest gizzmo

Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try as you suggested.gizzmo