Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloudflyer

Imagine Sim KEWR taxiway lines.

Guest cloudflyer

I just installed the scenery. I've tried everything to stop all the ground stripes from looking like marquis lights. (flashing dots) Is this just a fault of the scenery?Michael

They probably aren't real marquee lights - but they do the same thing for me. Do you have an nVidia card?DJ

Specs? Screen shot? That scenery is demanding, but it works quite well on a good computer.

Mike...

Guest cloudflyer

My computer specs:Antec 900 caseQX9650 @3.7ghzGigabyte GA-X48-DQ6Seasonic SS-650HT 650WEVGA 9800GTX 175.16WD 10K 16M SATA WD1500AHFDWD 7200 360CORS TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX Samsung 275T 27" monitor

Well, that should do. :D All I can say is that I don't have any issues with the scenery.

Mike...

Well, I just got it this week and I have lots of problems with it, including those bloody dotted lines.I'm also getting only about 12 FPS with 60% AI, too. Something ain't right here, and I've read a lot of people have had trouble with this particular scenery.

Well, I had performance issues. They all went away with my new computer, the processor and memory are very close to yours. I have a less interesting ATI card. And I use 100% AI. What about your AA and AF settings? The scenery seems to need a little more of both. I'll post a screen shot to show you how nice it can look, it's definitely not ImagineSim's best work, but it's not unusable either.

Mike...

While trying to take a shot, I looked more closely at the lines and certainly from above and a distance, there is a hint of what you're describing. Too bad ImagineSim changed their style after KEWR and not before.

Mike...

You can convert the taxiway lines and add Mip to them It is the same thing that I got with the FT sceneries until they released their mipped textures...If you shoot Cal an e-mail he will let you know what textures to convert, he was incredibly helpful with me...-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I have a similar system to yours and I get 25fps at KEWR with 100% AI, Aerosoft Manhattan Scenery, Simflyer's JFK and Imaginesim LaGuardia all at 100% AI too, plus Ultimate Terrain.It sounds like you have a problem with your NVIDIA card (I chose to go with the ATI X2). You'd do well to uninstall your Nvidia drivers, use DriverCleaner to delete all references to it and reinstall the drivers from scratch. Your FPS is way to low for your rig.EDIT: I'm curious, what are your 3DMarks? Did you build the system yourself and have you verified that all of your components are running at optimal settings with your overclock? I also see you are running only a 650 Watt power supply with a 9800 ??? VERY bad choice, you will starve (are starving) your video card!HTH,Mike T.

>I have a similar system to yours and I get 25fps at KEWR with>100% AI, Aerosoft Manhattan Scenery, Simflyer's JFK and>Imaginesim LaGuardia all at 100% AI too, plus Ultimate>Terrain.>>It sounds like you have a problem with your NVIDIA card (I>chose to go with the ATI X2). You'd do well to uninstall your>Nvidia drivers, use DriverCleaner to delete all references to>it and reinstall the drivers from scratch. Your FPS is way to>low for your rig.>>EDIT: I'm curious, what are your 3DMarks? Did you build the>system yourself and have you verified that all of your>components are running at optimal settings with your>overclock? I also see you are running only a 650 Watt power>supply with a 9800 ??? VERY bad choice, you will starve (are>starving) your video card!>>HTH,>>Mike T.>I think hes fine Mike that Seasonic SS-650HT is a good power supply but I have had a mess at kewr with the taxi lines looking like crap everything was back to normal and great when I used theses settings in nhancer, using just the default settings i get a huge amount of simmering and just really looks bad.Anti-Aliasing: 8xS CombinedAnisotropic Filtering: 16xHi qualityNegative LOD BIAS: ClampMy fps is at around 19fps 20fps AI traffic at 50% with the cls dc-10 I would try out stuff in nhancer and then do what psolk suggested with the mipmaps.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

>I have a similar system to yours and I get 25fps at KEWR with>100% AI, Aerosoft Manhattan Scenery, Simflyer's JFK and>Imaginesim LaGuardia all at 100% AI too, plus Ultimate>Terrain.>>It sounds like you have a problem with your NVIDIA card (I>chose to go with the ATI X2). You'd do well to uninstall your>Nvidia drivers, use DriverCleaner to delete all references to>it and reinstall the drivers from scratch. Your FPS is way to>low for your rig.>Mike: I'm curious about your performance (or my lack of it) at Newark: are you running anything else like ActiveSky with real world weather? And are all your sliders right? I've got Bird's Eye View and Flight Environment running as well with UT and all FSGenesis terrain mesh with the sandwich. BTW, I tested the ATI x2 1 Gig factory overclock with my current nVidia for over a month and in clouds the ATI just lost out to the nVidia.. I use driver cleaner pro each driver change, in safe mode, and even did a complete wipe of my hard drive and reinstall at 2 pionts, and I have the same problems, so I doubt it's his cards or driver.KEWR is very cool mainly because of it's level of detail but, and probably because of that detail it is far and away the worst performing airport I own. Those dark black runway textures alone just look "heavy".

>You can convert the taxiway lines and add Mip to them It is>If you shoot Cal an e-mail he will let you know what textures>to convert, he was incredibly helpful with me...>-PThanks, P! I've had a look and I think I already know which ones to work with, but I want to check with the developer first, to see if he has any other suggestions.Michael (cloudflyer): I'll do this and report back if you want -- I'd love to tweak this thing up to get it running better. (Every time I drive by there I love that low approach coming over the turnpike.)Let me know.

Hey Chuck:At KEWR I am running 100% AI (Custom AI package - 95% of gates full at any given time with real world flight schedules), Imaginesim KEWR, in the background: Aerosoft Manhattan, Imaginesim KLGA, Simflyers KJFK, AS 6.x, Utimate Terrain, Ground Environment Pro textures, and I fly only high end aircraft such as PMDG 737, LDS 767, CS 757 or PSS 757. ALL sliders to the right, of course.Frame rates average between 25-40fps depending on clouds, amount of aircraft taxiing and flying around the area, etc. Flying into and out of the airport area is silky smooth, with no stutters or hiccups.KEWR and the surrounding area has always been a challenge for FS9. But moving from an overclocked AMD 4800+ to my current rig has really made a huge difference...it's a sight to behold.Regards,Mike T.

Hi all,Thanks for putting my mind at rest, I too am only getting single figure FPS with this scenery plus shimmering that would put Blackpool Lights to shame.But on seeing some of the spec's of the above m/c's having problems, explains all. Mine is Pent iv 3.2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM/ATI 1900GT graphics running FS9 OS-XP & another m/c Vista - os running ASky/FSCommander via WideFS.I just wish developers would warn us that we need the computing power of NASA to effectively run their programs Regards JohnT