Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloudflyer

Imagine Sim KEWR taxiway lines.

Yup, I'd say that's stressing your system pretty much, Mike! :-D The only real difference is I'm running multi-monitors and air cooling, and of course your h/w is one notch more "extreme" than mine, but 25 - 40 versus 12 - 14 FPS I was getting taxiing arond the airport yesterday??? That just makes me sick -- my system is definitely choking somewhere and I KNOW it's in my BIOS settings, but I just haven't figured out where yet.This was the final insult for me -- I have to stop screwing around. I contacted Michael Greenblatt at Flight Simulator Graphics Solutions last night!

Guest cloudflyer

<>Hey P,I asked Cal for some assistance with this. He said he dosen't remember this. They suggested I try anyway and sent a program called DXTBMPE.EXE to use. I tried using it but being unfamiliar with texture conversion, I did not see any improvement. There were many options on saving the file and I tried a few. The file size changes so I suspect something changed but I don't know what. If you or someone knows this program, maybe you can give me some tips on using it. Otherwise, I was thinking.....since the problem only happens with the yellow taxi lines, maybe I could substitute some other taxi bmp in place of the Imagine Sim texture. Is this possible?A screenshot demonstrating the problem with the taxi lines is attached.Michael

Sorry, it was Jim that is why LOL...Here is his email. Hi Paul,Thanks for your email.Have a look in your KEWR texture folder and try it out on all the files (assuming they are named alphabetically) from "orange001.bmp" down to "white001.bmp". Hope that it works for you, let me know if it does.Best,Jimsupport@imaginesim.com You need to convert those textures to DXT3 W/MIP and it should make the lines much more stable. Also, are you running Nvidia with NHancer?-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

><the same thing that I got with the FT sceneries until they>released their mipped textures...>If you shoot Cal an e-mail he will let you know what textures>to convert, he was incredibly helpful with me...>-P>>>>Hey P,>>I asked Cal for some assistance with this. He said he dosen't>remember this. They suggested I try anyway and sent a program>called DXTBMPE.EXE to use. I tried using it but being>unfamiliar with texture conversion, I did not see any>improvement. There were many options on saving the file and I>tried a few. The file size changes so I suspect something>changed but I don't know what. If you or someone knows this>program, maybe you can give me some tips on using it. >Otherwise, I was thinking.....since the problem only happens>with the yellow taxi lines, maybe I could substitute some>other taxi bmp in place of the Imagine Sim texture. Is this>possible?>A screenshot demonstrating the problem with the taxi lines is>attached.>>Michael>Michael that it is excatly what I get when I have everything at default at my nivida settings I then downloaded nhancer and tried theses settings http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=38921and the taxie lines got way better, I wish imaginesim would do a ground upgrade for the scenery. :( heres a screen shotewr.jpgTheses are the settingsAA: Combined 8XSGamma correctionAF: 16XOptimizations Tab:Texture Filtering - High QualityTrilinear Opt - OffAniso. sample opt. - OffNegative LOD BIAS - Clamp

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Great advice Cesar,Also set the Negative Lod Bias to 0.00 in Nhancer. That helps alot too!Converting the textures is the same thing FlyTampa did to their sceneries to help with flickering. That is where the original idea came from :) Leave it to the geniuses...-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

BE CAREFUL with those Supersampling and Combined settings if you have a GeForce 8x00 and later card! Mine was running about 20c hotter than normal until I realized I had selected Combined 8xS -- I came very close to burning my card out!The following is taken directly from the nHancer Help file:Supersampling (not for GeForce 8x00 and later cards)Allows you to choose from one of several different Supersampling modes on the right side.Supersampling offers excellent image quality, but can also reduce the frame rate considerably. See the detailed description for more information about the various Supersampling modes.Combined (not for GeForce 8x00 and later cards)Allows you to choose from one of several different combined Multi- and Supersampling modes on the right side.

hmmm, I have run 8xs with my 8800GTX forever now...It really produces the best IQ by far, nothng else even comes close. What do you run Chuck? Weird,-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Micahael --All you have to do is open each of the files P lists further down in this thread in that DXTBMP.exe program after you've installed it on your computer. Then, without changing the file name, select File==>Save and under "Files of Type" select DXT3. Make sure the box to the right marked "Include Mip Maps" is ticked.Oh yeah, make sure you back up your textures folder, first!

MultiSampling 4x. I think it was you I was talking to about how hot my p;

Guest cloudflyer

Thanks again Paul. I converted all the specified files but still did not see improvement. I saved them as DXT3 with alpha and the mip option was checked. Each texture file has doubled in size. Is this normal? Video card is a 9800GTX and I have all the correct settings in Nhancer. Maybe there is a better way of converting. I had to do each one at a time.BTW, the GPU temp is around 56C. Is this OK?

I did as suggested earlier and converted all the recommended files to DXT3 format with Mip Maps, and saw absolutely no change in the lines or frame rates. Rats.

Guest cloudflyer

Same here. See post#24. I have questions.Michael