Sign in to follow this  
Guest ErezS

Flytampa is doing Kai-Tak!

Hmmmmm. Looks very good indeed but it's a strange choice and a little disappointing.Why choose Kai Tak when there is a perfectly good freeware version already available? Also, there is a very good freeware VHHH available too.There are so many other major airports that are lacking high quality versions for FS9.... KJFK, KDFW, CYVR, MMMX, OBBI, WSSS, YSSY, NZAA, ZBAA...And those are just the ones I can think of right now!

Guest ErezS

KJFK and KDFW are both expected to be released by FSDreamTeam.

It looks nice, no doubt about it, but scenery designers are making a lot of odd choices lately.ImagineSim first picks airports that have freeware releases coming, now it has decided to do KIAD. Which has a reasonable incartion from BluePrint, okay, ImagineSim will do a better job, but still.BluePrint mentioned CYYZ among future projects, a very nice freeware of it exists already. And KORD is currently under development?! Um... They also mention other more interesting airports though, such as KMCO.The German Airports Team re-releases EDDF?! With - in my humble opinion - very little change.Why are so many airports ignored? Just to name a few I'd like to see, Salt Lake City, Vancouver, Albuquerque. And what about some Irish airports?

Mike...

I'm Sorry to say but frankly speaking I'm also disappointed.Not that it is my business what FlyTampa team chosses to make.That is only their decision and it is clear to me.Plus of course the screenshots look superb, as it always is with FT.But the question is why should I buy it if I have and enjoy the magnificent freeware 9Dragons?I supposed FlyTampa were working on something and deep in my heart I expected something that we all need since no-one has made it so far.ZBAA, CYVR, NZAA were mentioned above plus there are more.Don't misunderstand me. I love and respect FlyTampa and have bought a few of their sceneries which I enjoy until today. But that choice surprised me a lot.And I'm sorry about the 9Dragons team who made such an awsome job.Best regards,Rafal

The city looks incredible! But this is one Fly Tampa scenery I will not be getting. Kai Tak is closed in real life and it will stay closed in my sim, plus I would not get any AI planes at the airport (I don't want to go through the hassle of moving my AI from VHHH to VHHX). I wonder if they would consider selling just the city without the airport?

Of course FlyTampa is free to create whatever they believe will sell, but if their marketing guys based their descision upon the number of simmers who have downloaded and installed the incredible 9Dragons version - and are tickled to death with it - then I submit they have mis-read the market potential.Many simmers have Retro setups of FS2004 in addition to the default setup and enjoy all the 9Dragons version of Kai-Tak has to offer.It is also possible to have Thomas Kwong's great enhancement of the new Airport operational with 9Dragons Kai-Tak at the same time so this another way to enjoy the new along side the old.In my humble opinion, Clutch Cargo and the 9Dragons team have nothing to fear from a release of a FlyTampa version.

Awesome as always from FT, and HK looks amazing. Really do think they should have paired it with VHHH though. Like others I'm just not into retro - I'm going to pass too.regardsMark

Regards,

Mark

I, for one, am happy, more than happy, actually. With all the respect I have for the great work that Clutch and the 9Dragons team have done, I will definitely be getting this one. Kai Tak at FlyTampa standards and the good old RFP 742 (which is being re-done and re-dressed, by the way)? It just doesn't get any better than this! For me, at least. :)Well done, FlyTampa, well done indeed!!! Thanks! :)Regards,Jure

Different strokes for different folks and it is your choice of course, but I must say that if you have never tried the "checkerboard" approach into the old Kai-tak, you are missing one of the most exciting and challenging aspects of flying.Even watching AI aircraft negotiate this hair raisng approach is a treat.

Guest Thomas K

Sorry guys, I have to disagree with those of you who say that this Kai Tak scenery is redundant because of Project 9 Dragons.My VHHH scenery is OK, Project 9 Dragons is nice in its own right, but from the screenshots, this scenery by FlyTampa is in a different league altogether.This Kai Tak looks AMAZING. Congrats to FT for doing this.Thomas Kwong

Guys.... You will simply be AMAZED with this scenery, and I mean a jaw-dropping WoW factor!. While I appreciate all the nice comments about 9Dragons (and we'll take all we can get!), if you are a true Kai Tak fan or a fan of difficult approaches this will have to be on your 'must have' list.And as far as I can tell there is no problem running VHHH with it too.All I can say is:"The King is dead... Long live the King!" ;)

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Looks beautiful, but I wonder about frame rates with the detail to the airport AND the city. 9Dragons runs fine for me, and I may have to prefer to keep it until I get a new machine, but this is great to see a fully-detailed payware Hong Kong/Kai Tak for FS9 (and I'm sure the folks with FSX are even more excited as they will soon have Kai Tak and the city in their sims too). I have a Sony desktop from December 2001 which works great with most stuff, but can't quite handle some of the newest software. Also, the graphics card is dated, but still works well enough for my purposes, and actually makes really nice displays of FS9, so I can't complain too much...Tim

I think for Thomas and Clutch to make the comments they made speak wonders for the FT team. I really do not think there is a higher compliment than having it come from the individuals and teams that gave us VHHH One of my favorite BTW, love the non-stop from KEWR and the amazing 9Dragons rendition of KT.Seriously I do not need to hear, read or see another thing on KT from FT, I am buying it hands down based on those that are recommending it!!!It almost sounds like FT have been in touch with Thomas and 9 Dragons which sounds like an incredibly respectable thing to do...Just my .02,-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Wow!Shows how Clutch and Thomas are a class act gang for giving the thumbs up to the FT team when their own amazing work is free for the taking.I often wondered why TK's update to VHHH never cam about?!?!? The last screen shots way back when looked awesome, this could expalin it.BTW, anything flytampa does is on my buy list.