Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

D3D9.DLL CTD - INSTALL OF LATEST DIRECTX

HiI have encountered recently D3D9.DLL CTDs.What is the typical cause for this type of crash? texture?I am thinking of updating directx 9.0c with the latest release.However, I don't want to reinstall the video drivers.Can I install directx without doing anything on the nvidia driver?Thank you very much.Ghiom

DirectX and the drive are two independant things. You can install one or another. Though the usual advice from the pros is to install directx and then reinstall the graphics driver.

I had this same dll crash happen around Flight Scenery's Portland and Fly Tampa's TNCM. I did a DX9 reinstall and updated my video drivers but the problem came up again. I finally stopped it for good by removing some custom AI packages I had in the areas.