Sign in to follow this  
Guest hangerflyer

Adding airline callsigns

Guest hangerflyer

I am a member of virtual North Eastern Airlines - NEAir and have been trying for several days to get FS2004 to recognize the callsign for North Eastern. I have downloaded both EditVoicepack and ATC_Voicepack_SDK and can't get either one to work. When flying all ATC uses is my flight number. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The callsign wont be recognised unless someone creates a file to import into EditVoicePack and at that point you can run an update to incorporate it.I am not proficient enough to make the callsign for you but might be worth asking someone in your virtual airline if theyve thought about this aspect of VA flying and one of the pilots or managers can create the callsign for their members.I am a member of British Airways Virtual and as its one of the major airlines in the world and uses the Speedbird callsign dont get the same problem - but hope you can get it sorted outJohn Hewson

Guest hangerflyer

Thanks John

Guest nelsonde

What is the callsign? I can cobble one up for you, but you'll need to access the tutorial for importing it. I don't recall how I first set it up, it's been a while. I'd recommend creating a backup before anything else, importing, listening to the custom callsign, saving if you like it, and then updating. Remember to make the ATC_Airline equal the new callsign in the aircraft config and adding it to the airlines.cfg in your aircraft folder otherwise it will ignore the new callsign.Dave NelsonFly PGV!

Good offer there from Dave!However, it's not that hard to make callsigns in EditVoicepack.Select Custom Modifications and then right-click on Callsigns & Create New.In the Phrase Filter, type in something similar to part of what you want to create.e.g. (and this is a simple example) if the call sign is North Eastern, first type "north". This pulls up a list of all existing phrases which have "north" in them - including "northeast".So select that and "Add Selected Sound"Now type "ern". One of the items there is Ternhill - so add that sound.The whole phrase is now Northeast-Ternhill.Each of the 2 bits have a little voiceprint. These have sliders at the start & finish so you can alter where the sound starts & begins.So move the sliders on "Ternhill" so that only the 1st half of the word is included.The whole phrase is now Northeast-Tern and bingo.You then have to right-click on the voice you have made the phrase for and "Copy Sound Segments" to "All Other Voices".Check each voice individually as sometimes they need slightly different slider positions - e.g. some voices maybe saying only "Ter" and need the stop slider moved to the right to include the "n" in "Tern", whereas othes may be saying "Ternh" and you need to move the slider to the left to cut off the "h".Then fill in the header information. EditVoicePack is a bit fussy about how you do this - it demands capital letters in the right place etc. If you don't do this correctly, it will show errors but if it is just complaints about upper & lower case, this shouldn't stop the callsign working.The entry in the "Phrase" box must be exactly what you type in the atc_airline statement in the aircraft.cfg file.When you have finished, right-click on the callsign you have created and Export it to a file to be shared with your fellow VA pilots.Lastly, do Tools, Update airlines.cfg, File Save and File Update Voicepack.By the way Tools View Missing is very useful way to find incorrect or missing bits of your aircraft.cfg files.

ngxu_banner.png