Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

Uninstall ttools companion

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi there folks, I moved my FS setup over to a better equipped PC earlier this year and today I have been going thought and removing some old stuff from my old PC which I no longer use (for FS). I came across ttools companion, however so far I have not been able to remove it as it says ST6UNST.log cannot be opened or read. The log appear's in the location that my PC is looking for and it has not been deleted. Just wondered if anyone had come across this problem or knows of a way around this to remove it?Thanks

What happens when you open the log? What's in it? I've just successfully installed, then uninstalled it, so it works.Also, you can try a reinstall, then an uninstall.

Mike...

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi Mike,Tried a reinstall and still no joy. Hear is what the log says %% PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY OR DELETE THIS FILE! %% %% This file contains information about the installation of an application. %% %% It will be used to automatically remove all application components from your computer if you choose to do so. %% NOTE: Beginning of the bootstrapper sectionCONFIG: Title: "TToolsCompanion"ACTION: RegKey: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion", "SharedDLLs"ACTION: SystemFile: "C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32vb6stkit.dll"(File currently on disk was already up to date)ACTION: SystemFile: "C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32COMCAT.DLL"(File currently on disk was already up to date)ACTION: SystemFile: "C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32STDOLE2.TLB"(File currently on disk was already up to date)ACTION: SystemFile: "C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32ASYCFILT.DLL"(File currently on disk was already up to date)ACTION: SystemFile: "C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32OLEPRO32.DLL"(File currently on disk was already up to date)ACTION: SystemFile: "C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32OLEAUT32.DLL"(File currently on disk was already up to date)ACTION: SystemFile: "C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32msvbvm60.dll"(File currently on disk was already up to date)ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32COMCAT.DLL"ACTION: TLBRegister: "C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32STDOLE2.TLB"ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32OLEPRO32.DLL"ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32OLEAUT32.DLL"ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32msvbvm60.dll"NOTE: End of the bootstrapper sectionNOTE: Now spawning the main Setup program 'Setup1.exe'....ACTION: CreateDir: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampStart MenuProgramsTToolsCompanion"ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsTToolsCompanion.ini"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsReadMe.htm"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsValid Airline Names.txt"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsValid Aircraft Types.txt"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: CreateDir: "c:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsHelpPics"ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsHelpPicsSortAC.jpg"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsHelpPicsPickEval.jpg"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsHelpPicsMainForm.jpg"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsHelpPicsEvalSummary.jpg"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsHelpPicsEvalResults.jpg"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsHelpPicsEvalDetail.jpg"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsHelpPicsChangeMan.jpg"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsHelpPicsChangeAuto.jpg"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsHelpPicsSortFP.jpg"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: SharedFile: "C:WINDOWSsystem32MSCOMCTL.OCX"(File currently on disk was already up to date)ACTION: SharedFile: "C:WINDOWSsystem32comdlg32.ocx"(File currently on disk was already up to date)ACTION: PrivateFile: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsTToolsCompanion.exe"(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:WINDOWSsystem32MSCOMCTL.OCX"ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:WINDOWSsystem32comdlg32.ocx"ACTION: ShellLink: "TToolsCompanion", "TToolsCompanion"ACTION: RegKey: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion", "App PathsTToolsCompanion.exe"ACTION: RegValue: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionApp PathsTToolsCompanion.exe", ""

That's virtually identical to mine, except for the paths of course.I do have the following before the Start Menu CreateDir entry:ACTION: CreateDir: "H:Program FilesTToolsCompanion"Maybe you can try and insert a similar line.

Mike...

Guest flightsimmernick

ACTION: CreateDir: "c:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS ToolsHelpPics"is that the one?

No, that's a subfolder. Try and add:ACTION: CreateDir: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS Tools"Just before the following:ACTION: CreateDir: "C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampStart MenuProgramsTToolsCompanion"Probably won't help, since it's just a sign that the folder already existed when you installed it last. But you never know. What OS do you have? Try and turn off anti-virus, etc...Edit: by the way, where is your log file located? Mine is in the equivalent of your FS Tools folder.

Mike...

Sorry to butt in here, but how are you attenpting to remove it - thru the add/remove process under the Control Panel/Add or Remove Porgrams dialogue? Or by just deleting the folder?If by the first method (recommended by the author), does the entry actually get removed from the list of installed programs or are you getting an error message during the process?If is has been removed from the list, and all you are now seeing is the log file (which most definitely should NOT be edited in any way) and everything else related to the TT Companion program is gone, there is a way (which usually works when all else fails) to remove it using a cmd prompt at that location.Bring me up to speed and if necessary I can walk you thru the process using the cmd prompt.

> which most definitely should NOT be edited in any wayOverly cautious, are we, grandpa? ;-p Good question though, I'm inclined to say the first method. I actually deleted the log file, then used the add/remove program entry and got a similar error. (Then moved the log back obviously.)Another question, the log file, it is named 'ST6UNST.LOG', right? And not 'ST6UNST.txt'... Same icon and if extensions for known file types are hidden, the two types look identical.

Mike...

That log file is a text file and can be read with Notepad of course.The key thing is that this contains the complete record of where things were placed during the initial install and that includes a number of changes to the registry.The uninstall routine looks for such a "log" file to get instructions as to what it needs to uninstall.That is why it should not be edited and why there is a warning to that effect at the beginning of the log file.If the log file remains but the entry has been removed from the Add/Remove dialogue, there is, as I stated in the earlier message, a way to remove it via a cmd prompt which usually removes such stubborn things.

I know. My question was to the OP. If the file has a txt extension, would the uninstaller not complain because it is looking for something with a log extension. A long shot, but then again, I really don't see what the problem could be. The actual file has a log extension on my end...

Mike...

It does on mine also.Text files can have several extensions (cfg for instance) and Notepad etc. are still able to read them as text files.However I assume (always a dangerous thing to do) that the file must have a log extension in this case, in order to the unistaller to "see" it and act upon it.Edit added:The "known extension hidden" option is only to set what the user sees - the extension remains for the computer's use - it is not hidden to it.

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi, Trying to remove via add/remove programs method. As soon as I click on the change/remove button then a message appears saying:Application RemovalCould not open logfile 'C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS TOOLSST6UNST.log'OKAs soon as you press OK I get sent back to the add/remove programs window and the program still remains, still installed and all files still present. using Win XP and the file name is ST6UNST.log

>Hi, >>Trying to remove via add/remove programs method. As soon as I>click on the change/remove button then a message appears>saying:>>Application Removal>>Could not open logfile 'C:Documents and SettingsNick>BeauchampDesktopFS TOOLSST6UNST.log'>>OK>>As soon as you press OK I get sent back to the add/remove>programs window and the program still remains, still installed>and all files still present. >>using Win XP and the file name is ST6UNST.logThen the obvious question is, Is the program actually instalalled at that location ?C:Documents and SettingsNick BeauchampDesktopFS TOOLS as there is no reference to any further subfolders.The log file would, according to the error message, have to be in the folder named FS Tools.On my system, the log file resides in the TToolsCompanion folder which was installed by the installer at:C:Program FilesTToolsCompanion

Guest flightsimmernick

The program is present at that location. These are the ttools companion files that I have in that location:Readme.txtTtoolscompanion.exeST6UNST.logHelp Pics (folder)Read Me.htmTtoolsCompanion.iniValid Aircraft Types.txtValid Airlines Names.txt

Nick, go to Start > Run > regedt32. Then browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallLook for subkeys that start with 'ST6UNST'. I have two, ST6UNST #1 and ST6UNST #2. The first one is for FS Aircraft Typer, the second one for TToolsCompanion. You should have one for TTC. Open the key, then check out the different data entries, pay special attention to the uninstall string. I have the following:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189800.jpgFirst report what you see, then we may change it to the proper path.

Mike...