Sign in to follow this  
bucifan

BluePrint Scenery's recent news!!!

A June 11th news release on their website says that after their next South American release, they will be shying away from the smaller regional airports and moving up to the "global" airports. They said that there is not enough interest from the simming public to generate the return for their time & investment, which is probably right. SO what is their next 2 airports.......CYUL & KORD!! CYUL I can see, but KORD. Wasn't KORD released about 2 months ago by FSDreamTeam? What kind of return will they see from KORD? Why would they want to compete with FS DreamTeam? BluePrint fills a "niche" in the scenery world, but their sceneries aren't even close with Zurich & O'Hare!Just doesn't seem like a good business decision to me.Rick

KORD is a bad idea. The FSDT version is amazing. CYUL is one they could do well with.And as for CYYZ, I think Dennis's free version is far better than anything BP has done to this date at least.

KORD, and KORD against FSDT KORD??? Talk about...strange - Must be a typo, GOT to be.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

what the heck are they thinking I would never go and spend my whole time on something that is already done and done well! it just completely doesn't make any sense at all for them to do kord after fsdreamteams amazing work on that airport hopefully they change there mind and do other airport its instering that they want to do kmco.http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

What I find interesting is this: "A full version of TBPB, Barbados Grantley Adams will be released as freeware for everyone to download.". Good news. I've sent them a mail about CYYZ and KORD by the way. Let's see what they have to say.

Mike...

BPS sceneries are barely on par with most detailed freeware scenery offerings and far worse than top notch freeware such as KBOS, VHHH, CYYZ, FreeZe and others. Why they would then even think of redoing KORD when they cannot compete with the likes of FSDreamteam is a mystery to me. And CYYZ has been excellently recreated for FREE, and is on par with higher end payware scenery, with AES support to boot!!! The only reason I own any of their scenery is because they tend to release airports not done by others, so it is a tradeoff. A good deal better than the default but by no way upto today's standards in scenery design.If the complaint that smaller airports are not worth the effort then redoing KORD, which has been stunningly recreated by FSDreamteam, would be equally a waste of their time. For the quality of their work, if I were them I'd stick with airports where there is no competition. Competing with FSDreamTeam is like Perfect Flight trying to compete with LDS or PMDG! :-lol

They produce adequate to nice scenery at a good price - why is everyone so excited? I'll pick them up when they are released.DJ

Las Vegas we need an updated version :)

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

>Las Vegas we need an updated version :)I agree.However I would still like to be able to use the Las Vagas scenery package - vgas2004.zip - by Shigeo.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...4scen&Go=SearchI know it is somewhat dated (many new hotels have been since this was released) but it still is a fantastic bit of work with great detail.If you have not tried it, you should "drive" through downtown. Working traffic lights are but one of the special effects to be seen. The only thing which is missing are the throngs of tourists.Unfortunately, at least one of the latest freeware versions of the airport is not compatible with the downtown scenery.

Well, one way to look at it could be that the offering is targeted at those whose PCs aren't top of the line, quad-SLI, nuclear-powered power hungry monstrosities of abominable gargantuan proportions ;) Seriously though, FSDT's KORD is a bit hard on mid-range and entry-level (or older, by today's standards) systems. I tried it on an ancient P4 that I have as my test rig, and all I could get at KORD was a measly 5-10fps. Perhaps BP's scenery will be much easier on the frames and thus will give a lifeline to those still stuck with lesser machines. Then again, having never actually owned a BP product (I'm a quality junkie and BP's quality, sadly, leaves a lot to be desired), I can't really say anything on the performance side...

The fact that there are to few scenery developers pumping out quality sceneries means they should be a little more aware of what's out there.The fact that they are doing KORD & CYYZ is a waste of resources.When there are tons of Airports that could use any amount of quality work.Although I do respect that fact that they did announce 2 Canadian Airports.About time someone got some balls and stop neglecting the BIGGER country!Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Could someone point me in the direction of the freeware CYYZ?ThanksRob

Rob Prest