Sign in to follow this  
Guest matkja

Wilco Airbus

Guest matkja

Hey guys,i have just started to fly the Wilco Airbus series.i first took the tutorial flight, so when i was about to land, i did exactly was written in the tutorial, i press the ILS button, and engage LOC , and when "glideslope" i press "appr" , it goes well in 2 seconds, then suddenly the plane start to raise the nose quickly, forcing it into a stall.can someone tell me what i am doing wrong ?!Thanks!RegardsMathias.

Does it actually stall (i.e. alpha floor kicks in) or does it look like it might stall any second now? Can't really help you, the Wilco bus autopilot is royally fubared... the only suggestion I can give you is, if it's the latter scenario...ignore any real-life ops and make sure you're in a full landing configuration well before g/s capture.Oh, and make sure you have your weights entered correctly, just in case it could be a user error :)

It actually will fly a perfectly accurate approach. You must be sure that you have filled out the approach phase page entries (press the 'PERF' button and page until you see it)and selected a landing runway. Select ILS when you get within range and when established on your localizer intercept heading press 'LOC'. When you're about 10 miles from the airport use the 'PERF' button again and activate the approach phase by selecting 'APPR PHASE' and 'CONFIRM APPR' - among other things, this sets your approach speeds. When the localizer starts to center, you can select 'APPR' on the FCU (I prefer to wait until established on the localizer and the glideslope indicater is at one dot), then select the second autopilot. Check the PFD to make sure all is properly annunciated and that the right ILS is being picked up - don't forget flaps and gear (note that you can select flaps 3 or full on the approach phase page and the V speeds will adjust accordingly). When you hear 'retard, retard' pull the throttles to idle, and manually set reverse thrust and you're home free. The phases of flight are everything on the bus, and if you screw one up you'll get really busy.In spite of the screams of outrage from some customers of the late PSS and Wilco, I've put a lot of hours on the bus without any major problems with either model - I have both. They aren't perfect, but they do fly well and at this point the latest release has no really major problems that have bit me. If you're really into airbuses, invest in Mike Ray's latest book - available as hardcopy or a download from Amazon or Wilco.DJ

Guest matkja

okey, i will try doing like u said, because the tutorial that comes along, its just crap...Great forum!i agree with u. btw, its not much Airbus A330-A340 who has Wing flex, thats why i took the Wilco Series 2.Regards.

forum for discussion on flying the wilco/feelThere Abus V1 & V2 -http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27the above will only remain active for another month-ish (july '08). a new forum is now on-line that has improved functions - http://forum.iemit.com/ (for more info about this read: http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10728 )searchable forum about the wilco/feelThere Abus -http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest monsoon

It doesnt work because this is one of the top 3 pieces of junk released for FS. Enough said.

I have flown the Wilco Bus both narrow and wide body ever since they were released and never had any issues with capturing glidescope or final approach providing you follow procedures.Frankly getting rather fed up with people who slag them off continually - some of us quite content and know what we are doingJohn

I can but agree.Ok the wilco busses are not true to life. They have some quirks that makes them different (both in procedure and in figures) from the real busses but that doesn't mean they are unflyable.When you follow procedure (wilco procedure that is and not real life) they fly an almost perfect approach.I have from Wilco also the erj-145 and the CRJ and they both have the same 'problem'. If you are looking for a true life experience, walk on, but when you can see through the veil of the discussion over what is real or not, they are fun to fly.At least I have fun flying them.Luc BrusselmansBelgium

If you fly it properly there are no problems. The AP is not fubar.The ones complaining are the ones who haven't learnt how to operate it yet. I have never had a problem landing the Wilco 320.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest flightsimulatorpilot

For all of those who are saying they don't have any major problems with the autopilot, I have a question. When you have entered a flightplan, after take-off, does the plane have trouble following waypoints? In my experience, it overshoots the waypoints, and then corrects it a little later. This is especially evident when flying a SID/STAR and the waypoints are close together. I ask this because I'm not sure if it is user error of if it's the plane's fault.Thanks for any help.

Because it doesn't simulate the Airbus FBW. Most of the systems are not simulated and the FMC is a joke. But if you like to push dummy switches, like any other FT release, that's fine tho. There are much better airliner simulations and they are freeware. I'd take the PT154, Ifly 744 or the Tinmouse 732 over any FT prodcuct anytime. Oh you were selling an add-on for the FT A320, right? Perhaps that is why it's working fine for you..

How do you measure that your FBW simulates the real thing by "over %95" is beyond me but there is one thing I know that it doesn't simulate the FBW more than %1 percent than the good old PSS A320 series do.No, it doesn't even simulate the Airbus FBW as the freeware FBW utilities or the new FSX does.Since you haven't objected my comments about the systems realism vs. FT's dummy switch modelling practice, I'm taking it as a "yes, we sell you dummy panels, take it or leave it"Or would you like me to copy and paste the FBW info from the FT A320 user manual? Or perhaps a side by side comparasion sheet with the FT A320 and the real thing? I didn't think so, that'd be embarrassing..