Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

Using World of AI

Looking at the File Library hotfile lists, I see there are many users of the World of AI packages and associated Installer.What else is necessary to actually use these packages - or do you just load and go?Back in the bad old days of FS2002 I spent countless hours adding parking to airports, downloading AI aircraft, altering AI timetables etc etc - and then along came FS2004 and I was back to empty airports again (ok a few Landmark aircraft maybe!). Do I have to go through all of this again?Thanks for any guidance folks.--Bryn

As the file descriptions say, you do need the automatic installer (WOAINS24.zip) and once that has been installed, installing the packages of your choice is as simple as a few mouse clicks.Nothing has to be done after that other than being sure your AI traffic is enabled in FS2004 and at an appropriate percentage.Enjoy.

Thanks David, I had already had a look at their site, and wasn't sure if I had to AFCAD all my airports in order to see anything. If I understand you correctly then, it is just click and go :)--Bryn

It is always possible that some airports will not have enough parking and/or parking of the correct size but the majority of them should be fine as is.Have fun!

Bryn,I just loaded all of the major airlines from WoAI. It was very easy. I'm going to park my Cessna at EWR and watch/listen to tower.I'm trying to find that balance of framerates and AI.Good Luck!Jim

Thanks folks, I have just downloaded a few airlines which fly into KSEA and am impressed with the neat way the installer works.Trouble is, most of the parking spots are full of Bill's airlines. Is there an easy way to do a Landmark/Pacifica/Orbit/etc removal, without losing the GA traffic and the WOAI traffic? I thought I might find this in an FAQ at the WOAI site, but couldn't see anything.--Bryn

Probably the easiest way to remove "Bills airlines" is to simply disable (rename or remove) the default traffic file (traffic030528.bgl in Scenery/World/scenery).You will lose the default GA but they can easily be replaced with other packages from sites such as Ultimate GA.http://ultimatega.com/Removing the default traffic file will not cause you to lose any WOAI traffic as WOAI installs airline specific traffic files - i.e. their traffic is not added to the default traffic file. One of the great things about FS2004 is the capability to have as many individual traffic files as you might want - in FS2002, all traffic was in one large file.Hope this helps.

Thanks David for the rapid reply.That is very useful information - I hadn't realised multiple traffic files were possible in FS2004.--Bryn

>Thanks David for the rapid reply.>>That is very useful information - I hadn't realised multiple>traffic files were possible in FS2004.>>-->BrynYou are very welcome.If you take a look in your Scenery/World/scenery folder,you will find Traffic files which have names such as:Traffic_191_WoA_United Airlines_Su07.bglTraffic_26_WoA_American Airlines_Su05.bglThe actual names will of course depend on which WOAI packages you may have installed. Note that they are airline specific.If you install any of the Project AI packages (they have their own installer) the various packages are all combined into one large Traffic file named Traffic_PAI.bglhttp://www.projectai.com/AI packages from WOAI (the Military section), will create individual Traffic files with names such as:Traffic_MAIW_Air Force 1.bglTraffic_MAIW_Shaw_AFB.bglThis is just to illustrate the wealth of AI Traffic which is available.One other quick thought regarding multiple Traffic files - there are basically two considerations: each must have the word Traffic as part of the name and then you can add whatever other text is desireable to further identify it, and the final (complete) name of each traffic file must be unique.Have fun!