Sign in to follow this  
neumanix

Improving AI sound

Guest magnum_force

>I wonder if it's possible to change the sound of the AI>traffic so that you hear advancing throttles on take offs and>landing bumps, reverse thrust and so on.>Can AI use their own sound folder with sound.cfg files like>ordinary planes?>Can you say "Dream on".Its as real as its going to get for awhile.Dream dream dreamThis question has been whipped to death more times than Custer's horse.

Geoff,you will run into problem with FSHotFX and Radar Contact 4. In short, you will not hear eg Delta 123 in Radar Contact 4 but rather Boeing 123. If you can live with that FSHotFX does produce some amazing effects in FS9 and really makes the airport come alive with all those aircrafts reversing and spooling up.Unfortunately the support is non-existent and you most likely wind up having problems with getting activation keys. It really is a pity!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hi again,I've done a couple custom startup sounds (probably louder than those) but I've never checked if they exactly match the engine start. I just like hearing an occasional engine startup at a large airport. :) I don't do shutdowns.--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I checked it quite carefully - custom reversers defined through the aircraqft.cfg entry are mot working but the spoolup and power sounds are fine. I added the custom reverse sounds using type mapping and that seems to do the trick...Geoff

No, the actual wav file should not be listed. Those lines are all that's required. Here is more about the process from forum posts - as you can see it is indeed tricky:I wonder why they had to make it that complicated? If the texture files are referenced by name (and extension), why not do the same for sound. In addition to a texture subfolder, why not add a sound subfolder (or use the main sound folder if needed). Oh well.

Mike...