Sign in to follow this  
Guest ttn123

How to "fire the weapon" with combat aircraft in FS9

Guest ttn123

Hi all,I downloaded some combat aircraft in FS9 and it looks hanging on missile and gun,my question is how to "fire the weapon"?Is there any button or assignment key to operate?any one can help me?pls give a instruction,thanks in advanced.regardskane

Guest robystar

Hi,Depends on whether you have those effects in your aircraft.cfg and in your effects file. In case you have, usually you fire your weapons with 'i 'or shift 'i' of 'shift L', The fact that you downloaded some combat aircraft does not automatically mean that it can fire its weapons. Check your aircraft.cfg.Roby

Guest hma

Hi,Arm fire is defined as an effect. First you have to search for an airplane that has this effect build in, like CaptainSim's Yak3. Add the effect to your war plane (lights configuration). Next you need a gauge to trigger the effect. There is one in the Avsim library, I don't remember it's name however and I'm not home. You need also to modify the panel.cfg. And you are done. Your new plane can fire it's gun(s) and make the noise, but shooting down other planes isn't possible. At least I was capable to add gun fire to the RAS Spitfire.Hugo

Guest ttn123

Dear Hugo,i tryed and can't find that in avsim,have no idea now,can you kindly let me know the name or the link better,thanksregardskane

Guest robystar

Hi Kane,Check your effects folder to see wether you have a weapons effect in it ( e.g.fx_guns.fx or such) and replace your smoke in the aircraft.cfg with this effect.Take the FA-18E for example. Go to the aircraft.cfg, go to [smoke system] and replace fx_smoke_engine.fx by fx_guns.fx. (It might be that you also have to change the contact points a bit to have the guns shoot from the right spot).I think you can find weapons effects in the AVSIM library by downloading for instance the Apache helicopter (ah64_v2.zip).Roby

Hi Kane,I probably used this file "rcbsc-12.zip" but with the effects of the CS Yak3 which gives a much nicer total effect like barrel flaming.Hugo