Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

How to use default Airport grass to expand the airport

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,I wanna expend some airports to make them up to date but therefore I need to make the area of the airport bigger and therefore I need the default airportgrass othwerwise ne runways will be built on citytextures.How can I do this?HALLO63be2a26jpg.jpgMany thanks for help!Best Regards

Guest chris.eve

You need to create a new "airport boundary" ... sBuilder will do it for you

It's real easy , get SBuilder, create a new project, then create a polygon covering the new area. Make it a VTP2 polygon, set the textures to Assembled > 1183 Grass (which is the default 'airport grass'). Compile, move it to the appropriate sim folder and done. If you need more help, let me know. Perhaps one of the mods can move this thread to the scenery design forum.

Mike...

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,many thanks for your answers!I have an existing AFCAD File for this Airport ans many EZ Scenery Objects on it as well. Are there any problems when making the Boundary bigger f.e. loosing the ez objects or something like this?

Guest XQ-NUE

Me again,when opening a new project the following message appears:Runtime Eroor 339tabctr32.ocx is not registered or missing???????????????

Start > Run > regsvr32 windowssystem32TABCTL32.ocxAthough you might want to verify you have that file first. For some reason, I have a copy of the file in my SBuilder installers folder, so perhaps you first need to put a copy in the system32 folder.It should not affect your other files for the airport. I believe it only excludes auto-gen, but I'm not sure.

Mike...

You really need to go to this website:http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/and download the Tutorial regarding the proper installation of SBuilder.It will save you a lot of time.After you get SBuilder up and running properly, there are other Tutorials at this same site which will be helpful.

If you are using SBuilder, then the question is yes.The polygon (or polygons) would need to cover the original area, and then there are a number of texture choices - most with previews - in SBuilder which you can choose from.Experimentation is the name of the game - try several until you find those which you like best.

Guest XQ-NUE

I already found some turtorials, but thanks.But what I can not find in the turtorials is how to prevent that streets and rivers from the original area are not visible anymore because when creating a new polygon streets and rivers are still visible.

Not to diminish in any way the advice you may get here, but you may have better luck posting any SBuilder questions on this forum:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33The author of the program often responds personally and many who use the program on a daily basis are frequent contributors here.We have a good Scenery Design forum here at Avsim also - give that try too.Just a suggestion.

I wish the mods would move this thread already...Anyway, I've been PM-ing back and forth and he has managed to get everything working. Latest was the advice to create an exclusion polygon with the correct layer number to get rid of whatever he wanted gone.> Not to diminish in any way the advice you may get hereIndeed. Athough it's not a good idea to hold a parallel discussion through PM as well. :D But I checked after I got the first PM and he hadn't posted that question in here, so I figured it wasn't the case with the rest either.

Mike...